Recent JW EXPEDITIONS TO MOUNT ARARAT

by Utopian Reformist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Greetings All:

Despite the apparent redundancy, I would like to introduce the subject from a different perspective. Around 1996 I came in contact with a JW pioneer named "Francesco Annunziata" from Naples, Italy.

Francesco was involved with a man (inactive JW) named Angelo Palego, with whom he has made several expeditions to Mt. Ararat searching the famous Ahora Gorge for remnants of the Ark.

The majority of the more technical and geological/scientific information is in italian, but there is enough information posted in english to merit attention.

I posted this subject in an effort to move away from discussing the flood, size of the flood and/or location of the flood. Since water-borne disasters do occur naturally on this planet, I thought it was redundant to continue expanding that theme. Here is something fresher:

http://www.r-j.it/noahark/frame_main.htm

I haven't spoken with Francesco since 1999, and I will re-establish communication with him ASAP for updates and comments. Enjoy!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Here is a sample photo from the Rezzonico Expedition:

"This photo was shot in August 24 - 1993 by the Palego -Rezzonico expedition, while they were prisoners of Kurd guerillas at 3500 m level 27 days, near Kop Lake, just in front of "Parrot Glacier". It shows piece D broken into two pieces."

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Sorry, here is a much better picture for those of you who are still interested in this subject:

• moman
    moman

Uto, even I can tell thats a touched up photo...lol

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Eddie:

You said:

"Uto, even I can tell thats a touched up photo...lol"

eddie
    Have you visited the site to examine the different angles and approaches used in the photography? Are you familiar with photographic techniques? Are you an expert in imaging?

How powerful, discreet and exact is your vision? Do your eyes have the ability to seprate pixels in a computer image? Believe me Eddie, I am very skeptical too. But I know these guys. Their JW status is NOT a factor, nor the primary issue. As a matter of fact, back in 1997, Francesco and I had a month long argument about the value of finding anything on Ararat.

I argued that if the bible was true, and Jesus walked the earth and the world is still confused about religion, what good would finding the Ark do, other than start controversy, invite skepticism? I advised him to use whatever he found to jump start his archaeological/scientific career and forget about the vindication of Jehovah's name thing. I told him at the very least he might make some money.

That's my two cents. But, at least I made a thorough examination and I can vouch for both fellows.

• Moxy
    Moxy

palego himself has admitted that these photos are doctored. hes a pretty blatant fraud and gives a bad name to legitimate ark-searchers.

mox

• moman
    moman

Uto,
    Don't take me wrong, I would love someone to find the ark.
    In referance to the photo, however, study the left side of the, so-called ark & the shadow cast by it the right.
    Do you see the "fuzziness",it stands out from the rest of the picture, an obvious sign of "brushing".
    Although, I would not call myself an "expert" in photography, this just stands out as a cheap attempt to fool the zealous "ark-trekers"!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hey MOX:

Long time no discuss. Listen, I have NEVER heard anything about Palego doctoring anything. If that is true, send me the reference. Like I said in the beginning, I am planning to contact these guys again and would like to know the real scoop and have a reference ready, if necessary.

My sister (still lives in Italy) told me that they made major headlines and were the scientific "rave" for awhile. I would like to have the most recent informaiton and facts. I will check and do a follow-up. Please post your reference in the meantime, I would appreciate it. Thx Mox!

• Moxy
    Moxy

well for one, notice the label on his site is now 'ark images,' not 'ark photos.' he does not go out of his way to make this distinction clear in the website and i believe initially he had used even more decpetive wording in his presentation. exactly what his motives are, the reader may determine themselves.

June 2001 6.25
    Angelo Palego has stepped over the line and is deliberately trying to deceive people just like Tom Crotser did in the 1970s and 1980s. Exactly like Crotser, Palego has resorted to doctoring photos on his website and does not even state that they are doctored. There are no public photos of Noah's Ark. Palego must be realizing that his original photos he was presenting did not convince many people so now he has resorted to altering the photos by adding a boat-like structure. Refer to the December 2000 email to Angelo Palego challenging his evidence. The original photos without a boat-like structure are in his original booklet and were on his former websites. Palego has no science to back up his claims made on his website.
    from http://www.noahsarksearch.com/news.htm

As well, an Italian named Angelo Palego claims a spot between the upper reaches of the Parrot Glacier and the Western Plateau at approximately 14,000 feet (4300 meters). However, as with other alleged sites, Palego has provided no scientific evidence to back up his claims. Palego associate and webmaster Francesco Arduini says that after there was some confusion with doctored photographs adding Noah's Ark without proper labeling on a previous website, Palego has now authorized the Official Angelo Palego website.
    from http://www.noahsarksearch.com/ararat.htm

mox

• Mr Bean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit