A Bethel Memory #3 - Hey, let's welcome the new guy by maiming him!

by LivingTheDream 26 Replies latest members private

• flipper
    flipper

LIVINGTHE DREAM- I'm so sorry you went through that abuse. It's disgusting people claiming to worship God would do that, isn't it ? I went through a similar experience as a Ministerial servant.

I went hiking with 4 of my ( what I thought were JW " friends " ) and two of them brought their 8 year old sons. I had known these guys for years and so had no reason NOT to trust them. Suddenly one of them thought it would be fun to " pants " me right in front of their 8 year old sons. So they grabbed me and tried pulling my pants down , all the while I am kicking them and hitting at them. They didn't get the hint I was NOT going for this. Finally after about 5 minutes of scuffling with my pants pulled down IN FRONT of their 8 year old sons - they spanked my bare a$$ in FRONT of their sons, laughing all the while. It was almost a scene straight out of the movie " Deliverance " . ( without getting stuck in the rear of course. )

I was so pissed off I didn't talk to them the rest of the trip. That night at dinner I squirted an entire Mustard bottle all in the face of one of the jerks and he said " Why'd you do that ? " Was HE ever a dense person. I reported the assault to the elders in the congregation and they just said " try to settle it between you and them. " Once again , wonderful support from my loving shepherds. I felt awful for the 8 year old sons there who had to watch their " dads " act like molesters. I never went camping with ANY of them again- to say the least. It took me some time after that to trust having close guy friendships for awhile. I'm better now, have good friends, but NONE of us expect that to happen in the alleged " warm Christian brotherhood. " Give me a break

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, I heard stories like this from Bethelites. My friend related to me a story her son told her when he was at Bethel.

Some of the young brothers were goofing around and they pushed a naked brother down the laundry chute.

And another one I heard was a brother's favorite candy was caramel and he kept a bunch in his drawer. Well, some thought it would be funny to replace some with glue.

Those brothers that were throwing guys down the laundry chute,only got a talking to,and the main problem was,what if a sister saw anything.

• besty
    besty
    That's interesting, were they able to see 30 years into the future and use the idiom of the future? "Yeah, dude, chill." Sounds kinda funky there dude.

Stop bullying the new boy. Wait a minute.....some things never change I guess....

• designs
    designs

YMCA

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If a$$holes could fly, Bethel would be an International Airport.

I never experienced (or saw) any hazing, but there was plenty of harassment/bullying in other ways.

Some of it is common to an environment of single males ranging in age from 19 to 25. They believe they are invincible and superior and they like to remind everyone as often as possible. Most grow out of it.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Power Lifts, really??? Hahahahahahahaa!!! Sounds to me like they were feeling you out as to if you were Gay! I'm surprised they didn't ask you into the suanna as well! Sick yo.

Hey Boy.....you gotta pretty mouth! Squeel for me piggy, squeel!!!! Fuggin perverts.

I could never tolerate such a weird environment. I'd end up killing someone with my .45, I just don't think I could put up with any more of their shit.

- Wing Commander

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

someone is afraid of gays :-)

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS374&q=google+news+archive&aq=f&oq=#sclient=psy&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS374&q=%22elon+oved%22&aq=f&aqi=g-sv1g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=ea5733a97aebfa72

Elon Oved, NZ

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/25243/1/Breaking-NZ-News

Mr Oved had also put to the inquest that a practical joke, in which one of the party took photographs of others urinating and wearing a woman's bra, had forced Elon to go further into the bush to avoid being stalked by the camera. Mr Roselli said Elon was obviously a very shy person with high moral values, but he had been unable to "definitely" identify the reason why Elon had gone into the bush to get changed.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/34171/1/Latest-News-Articles-On-Elon-Oved-Tragedy

• out4good3
    out4good3

....dueling banjos theme ringing in my head......

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Blondie,

Regarding Elon Oved, was there a closure or court settlement ever reached? This is new to me. I am extremely shocked by this story. Really, the Wotchtower is an evil organisation and a master of coverup at that.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit