JC question: Do you accept the FDS as God's organization?

by MrMonroe 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

He looked my wife in the eye and asked her,

I imagine that question is the thread heading - Do yu accept the FDS as God's organization?

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

@beasty

Maybe ask by reply "is that an essential belief to be a Jehovah's Witness?"

Your inquisitor will answer in the affirmative.
    Then ask them to show you from the Bible how they know Jesus chose the WTS in 1919.

This is great!

I have read it over and over again to memorize your whole answer.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

That is the DF question.

• Chalam
    Chalam

This is the DF answer.

John 20:28 (New International Version, ©2010)

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• cantleave
    cantleave

I agree with besty, that is a great way to answer thge question (BTW the answers can be found in "Captives of a Cocept"). Unfortunately if they are intent on DF'ing you ,that's what will happen. They will find grounds under something like displaying "brazen conduct". They won't listen to what you are saying, they will move the process forward unless you comply with their wishes to submit to their authority.

• Broken Promises
  • artemis.design
    artemis.design

A lot of witnesses I know always say, they are in it for Jehovah, not the organisation. If asked they would say they believe in the F&S whole heartedly, for fear of reprisals, but truely I don't think they believe it. Emporer's new clothes effect! My family at least, don't swallow half the bull...t they are fed, yet still the do not leave.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

I have been asked 3 times by 3 different brothers, one is a good friend of over 14 years.

• The first time I replied, "YES"
    • The second time about a year ago I said, "well...yes...because that what I was raised to believe."
    • The last time about 4 months ago by my "good friend" I just looked at him and said nothing, after a few long seconds we went on to something else.

The first two times were to active Elders (I was an MS) and we were having a few disagreements...not on serious matters...and the question was asked. It was asked in a such a way that I would like to have PUNCHED them right in the mouth, they were trying to get me to say, "I do not trust the borg"...

As I look back this was one of several situations in about 5 years like this that started me to say WTF is wrong with these people-(elders, gb, org). Each time I would question myself on why are they acting like this.., not wanting to dis-believe what I was raised to believe.

• Now I would like to say something like: "Well, lets let what their record shows, answer that for me"

Sw

• besty
    besty

Another way to answer might be:

"I'm not brazen enough to speak on behalf of Jehovah like that - it would almost feel like an oath of allegiance to the men in Brooklyn"

Three embedded suggestions in there that will work on the subconscious for years after :-)

At the very least it will get your inquisitor starting to defend why its not brazen, its not an oath of allegiance and the GB aren't just men in Brooklyn.

And if he pursues his agenda, you can just say "Well maybe you're right, I am being overly humble - I'll work on that, but that's how I feel right now"

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

The last time 2 elders came to my place, that was about one year ago, one of them asked me that question very shortly after I had started the conversation about being sensible and rational in our beliefs, he obviously had no time to waste in such hair splitting.

My answer was something like : " It depends, if they say that there is one unique god whose name is Jehovah, or Yaweh, in the Bible, I will think that they conform with the Bible. Now, when the president says that Behemoth and Leviathan are locomotives, I think that he is a fantaisist uttering not only errors but nonsense. That's a very serious matter because, can you cite an example of a nonsensical teaching in the Bible ?" The elder replied that there's no nonsense in the Bible but the WTS is Jah's organization despite occasional nonsense told by its leaders because you see, they are just humans. Hopeless.

They never came again and I'm not DFed, they don't seem to bother in the least, so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit