An Open letter to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (Elders/ Ex-Elders)

by stuckinamovement 123 Replies latest jw friends

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Is it possible to get a copy of that cease and desist letter? Sounds like it would add great fodder to the cause.

Len

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So here goes some of the stuff I got:

- I got a reply from an old friend saying that he is already out. I identified myself to him and we had some good conversations.

- Got a few replies from people asking me to never send this again in all caps. They seem to be dead afraid of messages against what they believe, I never saw that before.

- Got a few replies asking me who I was but after explaining my reasons never anything further.

- Got this from the WTBTS:

Dear Brothers,

We understand that over the weekend you may have received an email message containing apostate material. The branch office is aware of the email. There is no need to reply to the sender. As we are often reminded, when we receive these kinds of unsolicited emails or other correspondence, we simply delete them.

Your brothers,

Well, besides the lie that they simply delete them but are actively repressing the message, it's funny that they found it necessary to respond.

- Over the weekend I talked to some people, apparently a lot of young people during Judicial Committee's express that they don't believe, several in our and other KH's (went to 3 in the last week) were talking to elders, trying to hide what they had on their phone or on paper, at least one because their kid showed it to them and asked for a response.

- One family decided no longer to come to the KH. The father was removed as an elder recently apparently for more interpersonal reasons among the elders than anything else (although his family is not a great example, he's a good guy) but a couple of days ago, 2 days after the message was sent to them I got a call and they were saying they will no longer go, I don't know if it's my message in particular that put them over the edge or whether they're just mad and will come back but you never know.

- One I talked to read the whole letter and were asking me whether it was legitimately from another elder. I said it looks like it, there are many reasons why some decide to step down, the message is not really against the Witnesses however I warned them that they shouldn't tell that they read it to other elders or they could be judged for apostasy as some elders are not as openminded. The person backtracked and said 'but I only read like one paragraph, well actually only the beginning, I wasn't sure you know', I assured them I wouldn't tell anything and they decided to keep it for themselves. Funny how they are so afraid, maybe they'll start to ponder over it in their spare time.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Anon, thank you for your work on this campaign. It is my sincere hope that some who recieve the letter and the message will realize that they are not alone in having legitimate questions about the teachings of the Governing Body. The organization is bleeding responsible men, who have stepped down due to matters of conscience. I know of 5 in addition to myself who have stepped down in the last few months.

The roof is on fire.

SIAM

• gettingafirmholdonthereallife
  • gettingafirmholdonthereallife
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Excellent work Anony Mous,

I must be so rewarding to get actual feedback on a campaign that you were behind. I'm very proud of you.

This is a prime example of the beauty of working from the inside. Sure, you may have to fudge on the truth now and then, but Watchtower encourages that depending on who they're dealing with. This is war and you certainly have that right as well. You also have to pay a steep price in doing this, biting your tongue during every meeting and assembly. Plus, the immense time you have to spend out of your life in doing this, not a sacrifice many are willing to pay.

Len

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I might have to send this letter around and see what kind of trouble I can stir up.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Include some INFORMING websites such as this one, jwfacts.com, jwreform.org etc.. Do not include Six-Screens or other Crazy Apostate websites or 'marked' literature such as Crisis of Conscience. ..." Anony Mous

Crap... If you REALLY want to send something damning yet innocuous - something that a JW would be more likely to innocently open and read, why not send links to scholarly websites stating that Jerusalem fell to Babylon in 586 - 587 B.C. instead of 607 B.C....

If a man has become an elder, he really should be capable of grasping the REAL significance of accurate scholarly dating of the fall of Jerusalem...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anony Mous, I am sending you a PM.

~MS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit