Ok, so there is a gap in my reasoning ... but that's a good thing

by Simon 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Simon and Family: Merry Christmas and Happy 2011--Thank you for all you do!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Merry Christmas and Thank you Simon.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Simon and family.......Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all posters, and lurkers as well....

• LV101
    LV101

WHAT A GREAT FORUM YOU PROVIDE. MERRY CHRISTMAS and the best to you and your family.

LV101

• factfinder
    factfinder

Merry Christmas Simon and thank you.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Merry Christmas, Simon and Angharad and kids.

back to my Episcopalian roots and loving it much better.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy holidays, Simon and family. JWN has helped me to deal with Watchtower related trauma that was 20 years old. It's also helped my baby brother to land on his feet after leaving the organization, and provided a place for me to meet many who have become dear friends.

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON- Good thread. My wife & I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and happy New Year. Also a big wish of happiness to all on the board as well ! Have a great Christmas ! Make each day a bit happier and easier . Peace out, Mr. & mrs. Flipper

• AGuest
    AGuest

Merry Christmas, Simon/Angharad and family. Merry whatever it is you and yours celebrate... and Happy whatever makes you and yours happy... to ALL who post here... and peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Simon. Also to all the fine men and women who comprise this online family at JWN - may you enjoy a fine 2011 too!

I appreciated your comments about the 'gap' in thinking. Isn't it wonderful to realize that? This year, at work on Friday, I kept a pocketful of candies wrapped to look like small gifts, and handed them out all day to those I met, along with a hearty 'Merry Christmas'. I wore my Santa hat all day. Then on Christmas we watched our grandkids open presents, visited my father, ate a Christmas dinner, exchanged gifts. It wasn't until your comment that I realized that it never once occurred to me how far away from Jw dogmatism I have fled. Just a year or two ago I would have still been a bit uneasy, with all that.

What a wonderful feeling, for which I am thankful. Freedom isn't free - but it is Great.

Merry Christmas and a Healthful and Peaceful New Year to all.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit