Got a letter “inviting” me to my Judicial hearing- should I go?

by hoggieman 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoggieman
    hoggieman

Hey everyone, my family and I have not gone to meeting in over a year. Rumors have swirled about us, but I have always dodged the elders calls and never said anything about my feelings. So after a while the calls/visits dwindled, but in October they came by again and saw our Halloween decorations. They did not specifically ask if I was celebrating Halloween, but just observed the decorations. I was pretty vague in the conversation and it ended with them saying they will have to figure out how to handle “the situation”. Anywhoo, today I get this letter saying 2 witnesses have observed me celebrating holidays and that I have a judicial meeting…..and if I don’t come, they will conduct it without me. Assuming that means Df’ing me???

At first I did not want to get Df’d because of JW extended family…but at this point they don’t talk to me anyway and I pretty much despise JW’s….so I don’t really care if they DF me. But I am not sure if I will go to the meeting, or just not respond? Also they never actually saw me celebrating Halloween, just saw the decorations. What if I just really like pumpkins? I did not have a graveyard on my lawn or anything…just a couple things by my door.

Any thoughts would be appreciated….thanks!

• asilentone
    asilentone

you are already busted, sorry. Two witnesses is all they need.

• asilentone
    asilentone

It is up to you to show up or not.

• asilentone
    asilentone

you could play the repent card, telling them that you would not celebrate any holidays in the future.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

unless you are willing to admit your sin and plead for forgiveness its a done deal and arguing they were just pumpkins will probably get you nowhere. it sounds like you are moving on with your life anyway, why go to a kangaroo court?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Send them a Doc Bob "Cease and Desist or be Sued" letter.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Nope I wouldn't go through the trouble if you don't plan on going back... your caught... and especially if your family don't talk to you anyways. I think it would be kinda different if they did though, I would have a hard time answering that one sence I would love to have been in you secretive shoes before you were caught. I wanted to get in to just fade out really and blame the holiday stuff on my nonJW husband.

If you do go to the Judicial hearing ... expect them to check up on you more or some how (even though gossip isn't allowed) other JW come and visit you and your family to see how you are (ha really to see if you are living worldly).

That's my opinion anyways.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Send them a letter from your lawyer, then all communications involve lawyer to WT lawyer rules, codes and ethics. I know of a couple cases where this was done and nothing was ever "announced" officially at the KH. Of course, you'd have to in reality never want to go to the Hall again.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184645/1/Lawyer-Letter-copy-to-Judicial-Committee

• hoggieman
    hoggieman

Thanks everyone for your replies so quick! I don’t think I could ever go in there and repent for my horrible crimes…I am gone this far and it would seem like I was crawling back, almost like they were winning. I did not really see any good in going to the meeting…but just seems like I should do something; I have seen that letter before, so thanks for giving me the thread…I was actually going to look for it. One thing I was not sure is when to send that letter. Now….or wait until they do the meeting without me saying they are going to DF me? I don’t have a desire to go to that hall, or any hall for that matter…so I could care less what they think about the letter. Kind of sad actually, one of the people who is doing this to me is a family member.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Sometimes just 'threatening' to get a lawyer doesn't help much. They could proceed pretty quickly with an announcement because with their two witnesses they see it pretty much as a done deal, especially if you don't respond at all. Once the announcement is done, it's too late. So if you intend on getting lawyer, I would say to do so quite quickly. Just having a lawyer sending a letter, short and sweet, has stopped their action, but I don't know if it is always a guarantee.

Best wishes and congratulations primarily on you now moving on in your life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit