current JW tagged in pictures in Xmas and Birthday parties on FB

by James_Slash 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Legalistic religious groups have a number of common characteristics:

1. They major on minors.

2. They judge spirituality by external compliance with their rules.

3. They don't practice what they preach.

4. They look down on outsiders.

5. They are blind to their own faults.

6. They award positions of authority based on loyalty to the organization.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow, I just had a similar experience. I had been reading at a site for our High School. I saw a comment from someone I used to know as a friend to my JW Sister in law. We connected and discovered who each other was. I was checking out her facebook to see if her pictures would give me a clue if she was still a JW or not. I saw some pictures she had posted of some friends of hers around a Christmas tree and thought yipee!

So we start talking, seems she is living right by my JW MIL and sister in law that I haven't spoken to since my hubby died in 2003.

Not only that but she is best friends with a girl that married one of my best friend (witnesses)that moved to Australia (where the need was greater at that time,) from way back. (They are divorced now).

BUT..seems that she was inactive for a while but has gone back now...(Bummer).

I was so disappointed.

I told her I am NOT a witness any longer and I will understand if she wants to defriend me.

We shall see what happens..

But I hope to hear some more gossip from her first..

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow..now I have found 4 more witnesses from the 50's through the 70's that was associated with. ...it seems so odd seeing their faces..kind of makes me homesick for the OLD JW days...just not the teachings...

Lot of memories being stirred up..

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

OK..it just keeps going..I just talked with a witness that was good friends with my daughter and I was best friends with her Mom..they all live in Australia now..the mom is pictured holding a Koala bear.

I told her that my family and I are no longer witnesses and she hasn't replied back since..lets see what happens. I have Ex witnesses all over my facebook page..lol

Snoozy..

ps..Wanted to add, A while back I commented on a post about this family, this was one that beat her boys(the mom) with an extension cord.. I noticed on this girls facebook (who never got beat from her mom) that she has on her page a link to a site where it quotes "if you love your children you will discipline them!"..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit