current JW tagged in pictures in Xmas and Birthday parties on FB

by James_Slash 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

Had to laugh when I saw this.

A current JW who I know on FB was tagged in photos showing him at a Christmas party a few days ago. Within minutes of them landing he removed the tags because obviously these would have been seen by other JW's on his page.

When I asked him why he'd removed them he said: "I was off work sick and I didn't want my colleagues seeing me on the razzle". LOL

Its obvious that he is respected by more 'spiritual' JW's and his Dad is also a Presiding Overseer and this probably would see him left red-faced.

I just thought how hypocritical some of them are. Wouldn't be so bad but this guy is always preaching and trying to encourage me to return to the cult!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Your story reminds me of an incident both sad and funny. My family were Witnesses since Russell's day. We lived in a predominantly white neighborhood that bordered a housing project. It seemed all the Witnesses lived in the public housing project and were black. I was allowed to do worldly things at school b/c no one was around to report me. This changed with junior high schoo. My friends were in the orchestra. The school orchestra was giving a special concert the same night as Ministry school. One Witness cornered me when she overheard me telling friends I would be at their concert. She boomed do you believe in the orchestra or eternal life? Yes, I am condemned for eternity for wanting to see friends perform. Yet I was aware of the absurdity. I knew I had to go to Ministry school to shut her up and not be reported. My interior voice said this is sheer lunacy.

It is funny now.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Me, too. There was always one or two rats who promised to squeal on me for doing this or that that my mom said not to do "because witnesses don't do that."

My kidhood would have been a bit more interesting if I wasn't in constant fear of being reported to my mom.

• Medina
    Medina

Whahaha! Great story. Ive also found some ''respected'' JWs from the local congregations here, that are visiting Q Dance, and other Hardstyle Parties, that are all, but approved for JWs.

Well, its hypocrit. But let the little JW also have some fun, please!? Hahah!

• sherah
    sherah

FB will be the death of dubs leading a double life.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Facebook can get you into sticky situations.... Thats why around 2 months ago I blocked all known JW's from my friends list. For those that I know are equally living beneath the radar I currently refrain from posting on there wall (because Im currently dressed up in a Santas costume and my posts would be seen by other JW's if I commented on theres).

Anyhow life under the radar will shortly come to an abrupt end, now that I have fully decorated the exterior of our house... As per hairhegoats post today (my hubby) an elderly brother was visibly seen walking up our path and then about turn and scurry off at unusual speed away again... No doubt to dob us into the elders ....bring it on !!!

The Taste Of Total Freedom is Nearly Upon Us :~)

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Facebook can get you into sticky situations.... Thats why around 2 months ago I blocked all known JW's from my friends list. For those that I know are equally living beneath the radar I currently refrain from posting on there wall (because Im currently dressed up in a Santas costume and my posts would be seen by other JW's if I commented on theres).

Anyhow life under the radar will shortly come to an abrupt end, now that I have fully decorated the exterior of our house... As per hairhegoats post today (my hubby) an elderly brother was visibly seen walking up our path and then about turn and scurry off at unusual speed away again... No doubt to dob us into the elders ....bring it on !!!

The Taste Of Total Freedom is Nearly Upon Us :~)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know facebook can be dangerous to a fading JW. I foolishly accepted a friend's request from a "sister" who used to go to the same hall. I feel bad for having to delete her,but I'm going to have to do that. I did it to my sister-in-law and brother,and acted like it was an accident,but I think they know better.

Oh,well,I think I'll end up df-d soon anyway. I can't stand being a hypocrite anymore.

• bez
    bez

HYPOCRITES!

I remember being SLATED 2 years ago for being out in the 'worldly' town 2 years ago the wkend before xmas... today i bump into someone who told me she saw loads of bro's and sisters out last night in the 'worldly' town, this including a brother who has recently attended ministerial training school!!! Cool next generation of dubs eh!

• White Dove
    White Dove

And THAT right there could be how the society goes down: The next generation is just not keeping with the rules. They simply don't care and might not even pass it on to their kids, at least very strictly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit