Does your Cat want to sit on your Lap while you are on the Toilet .....?

by flipper 92 Replies latest social humour

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Mine doesn't because I always close the door. But she waits out there, scratching frantically and crying pitifully, as soon as I open the door shes fine again and doesn't even bother going into the bathroom.

I thought It was just my own freaky cat but i learned on another discussion board that this is pretty common.

• sherry123
    sherry123

I had a little teacup poodle that went every where with me.....he was 2 pounds.

• lesabre
    lesabre

oh.... cats.... lol. i now have 3. and yes.... there is something about the bathroom that makes them ALL go crazy purring and wanted to be petted. it's the only place 1 of them asks to be petted. another will ask in the bathroom and kitchen. i have no idea why.

• nelly136
    nelly136

mine prefers to share her purrs and gas while making herself at home on my keyboard.

• noni1974
    noni1974

This is what my cat Oliver does while I'm in the bathroom. Snoozy was talking about my sweet kitty who loves his momma more than anything. He is extremly bonded to me. He sleeps right next to me and sometimes on my pillow. He wakes me up with kisses. He is a very loving kitty.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My eyes!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I had a miniature breed dog that used to climb in my boxers while I took a dump. He'd lay back in them like a hammock and gaze up at me.

He's since gone to doggy heaven, and my boxers aren't quite so baggy-fitting.

Before anybody tries to make a funny......NO, he wasn't a shi-tzu

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Both my cats are OCD.

Taz loves to sit on my lap and make bread for hours. Someone mentioned healing cats, well he is that! During the time I was dealing with tremendous depression, leading up to my discovery of the 'truth about the truth' - he would sense it, and always come to the rescue laying on my chest and making bread, purring until I felt better. Some of his personality traits include [but not limited to]:

• Drinking water by pawing it out of the container to the floor, and then drinking it there.
    • Waiting to run outside, then responding to my yell to 'get back in here' by making a direct reversal back inside.
    • Waiting till I sit down in the LR, with a view of the kitchen, then jumping on the counter and refusing to move until he hears my feet hit the floor to chase him off.
    • Rubbing against my legs when I am on the toilet. [I don't recall him trying to sit on my lap - but it would be just like him]
    • Trying to trip me wherever I walk - sometimes 4 or 5 times in a few seconds.
    • Making a sound of objection [kind of a cat whine] whenever I sneeze. The tone of my sneezes must hurt his ears?
    • Pushing open any door I am on the other side of - and if he can't push it open, crying like a baby until I open it while laying on his back and putting his paw as far under the door as he can
    • Pushing open the garage door if I am in there - or sometimes not and getting locked in there overnight.

My other cat - Stinker - is worse, but has less obsessions:

• She will only drink water out of the bathroom sink or the tub - preferably from a dripping faucet which she insists on me turning on whenever I go into the bathroom, night or day.
    • Sleeping on my left side, in the corner of my bed, then spending most nights with gentle clawing at the covers [asking to get under there] - then succumbing to fear of the cramped space and clawing her way back out [gently of course].

Both cats are 11 years old - and so far in good health. I will be sad when they leave us - they are part of the family [the same age as my oldest granddaughter who lives here with us].

Jeff

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Guilty as charged. My cat also jumps in my lap while I'm on the computer and sleeps near me during the winter. She tramples my back during the night if she wants to go outside to do her business and I wake up.

• chickpea
    chickpea

cannot speak to cats, but the rats, whose playground
    is in the shower room of the upstairs bathroom, will
    do pretty much like oldlightnewshite described of his
    little daschund.....

the mother and daughter duo, adopted from the
    high school biology class last summer, noodles
    and jezzie (mamama and bebebe), after the morning
    transfer to the playground, LOVE to scamper across
    the floor to "rumble in the grundies" (flannel jammies)

of course, i stir them up, as they love to be tossed
    and tickled.... whole thing takes about 3-4 minutes....
    then they help me wash my hands and brush my teeth
    (vivid and disturbing visuals of what my senescence
    will be like) and they head off to their nest box for
    a 9 hour nap..... seems to be a morning "happy to
    see you" ritual

mamama is the white one.... they are in their fleece hammock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit