Were you afraid of Armageddon?

by cyberjesus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I was Dfd in 1995 however I still believed it was the truth until 2009. And until then I was fearful of Armageddon's day.

I remember every time I'd see a dark sky with thunders and lighting I would question if that was it. The news of any major disaster, hurricanes earthquakes would ignite fear inside me and I would think that could be the beginning of the end.

When I was around 8 I remember going to visit my Grandma and she was watching the news. A major conflict in the middle east had ended and some president said that the world was not in peace. I remember being soo scared.

Were you afraid? What things made you afraid?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

How could any of you NOT be afraid and have nightmares with all that horrid violence in the imagery of the magazines?

If Jesus had a grave, he'd be rolling over in it!

Check out the Wolverton Bible!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/175584/1/Is-This-Man-Responsible-For-Many-of-Your-Nightmares

Don't miss the boat!

• tec
    tec

No. Plus I don't know if I really believed the way it was depicted. But in either case, not being a born in, just dying in a war (probably a fairly quick death) was a lot easier than burning forever in hell.

So no, Armageddon did not frighten me.

Tammy

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Was never really afraid of Armageddon since I was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would survive Armageddon.

I looked forward to Armageddon.

I was one sick puppy.

The Oracle

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I was. After being df'd, I had dreams where I knew it was coming: lightning, huge waves, buildings collapsing, etc. And I was trying to warn people but no one believed me. I haven't had those dreams in years now.

• tec
    tec

There aren't that many ways to die at the JW Armageddon that people aren't already dying of, in the here and now.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Yes! But even more worried about the coming persecution of JW's during the GT. I remember talks in the hall about the persecution witnesses faced in Nazi Germany and we were told it was very likely we would be facing that again- but here in the USA! I was told no witness would escape severe tests and trials because the GT would be so horrible even the chosen ones would not survive it if not for it being cut short on their account.

I was worried my family would be destroyed at Armageddon. And the talks at CA's made me feel I was not faithful or zealous enough so I would not survive Armageddon. They kept saying if you did not pioneer you were not faithful enough or love Jehovah enough and would not make it through Armageddon. Except for being an aux pio each month during most of 1980-81, I did not want to pioneer.

So yes- I did have a fear of being destroyed at Armageddon.

My brother on the other hand was sure he would just sail right through it . He still believes he is righteous enough and does not have to worry about it!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

@factfinder I had forgotten about that! I feared that persecution too. Especially after a family trip to DC and the Holocaust Museum. I was tall enough to see over the walls.

Something else about Armageddon, I remember my brother and I talking about how Jehovah would determine who would survive. We came to the conclusion that if He can read hearts and be forgiving all good people would survive, no matter the hours they put in or sins they had committed. We were about 14 and 12 at the time. It would have been nice to see that in a Watchtower.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Armageddon always terrified me. I eventually put it out of my mind, and convinced myself that it was a LONG way off. But the thought was never far from my mind that when things started to lead into Armageddon, I was gonna have to spring into full steam ahead mode.

-MF31-

• kp138
    kp138

I definitely was afraid. I've suffered with panic attacks throughtout my life, which I contribute to Armageddon fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit