It's only a fight if he has a chance to win...

by notverylikely 43 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
  • Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Say Goodnight to the Bad Guy!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Need I repeat, you can idolize a fake hero all you want, but when it came right down to it, Wayne failed to enlist when other actors would such as Jimmy Stewart. This dude is a bigger badass:

Audie Murphy, a true hero and man unlike that phony John Wayne.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

John Wayne loves to portray a fake soldier but when it came time for him to fight for real, he chickened out. Bad example of a tough guy to use.

John Wayne (not his real name) was an actor. He did an excellent job at what he did. He also apparently was expempt from the draft and later felt much regret over it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne#Military_service_controversy for more info.

Far from a bad example of a "tough guy" he was far more of an example of a man with conflicting ideas, desires, goals and commitments. His two greatest roles in The Searchers and The Quiet Man reflect that.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

John Wayne is one of the most overrated actors of all time. Reflect that. No versitility. Played the same character in every movie.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Need I repeat, you can idolize a fake hero all you want, but when it came right down to it, Wayne failed to enlist when other actors would such as Jimmy Stewart.

Perhaps you think I idolize John Wayne, if so, you are mistaken in your assumptions. Interesting that you would pick Jimmy Stewart since he apparently had no problem with John Wayne and starred with him and Lee Marvin in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Of course, Jimmy Stewart also starred in Winchester 73, FBI Story, Harvey, Rear Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Man From Laramie, Flight of the Phoenix, Vertigo, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, among others, as well as his rather distinguished career as an Army Pilot.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

John Wayne is one of the most overrated actors of all time. Reflect that. No versitility. Played the same character in every movie.

Ah, so your clear poor understanding and grasp of the cinema is the issue. Glad you managed to clear that up for us. Clearly you have not seen that many of his movies. Ignorance for the fail.

And Hedy Lamarr is a TRUE hero and actor. And she was totally hot.

• simon17
    simon17

I thought this thread would be about why the Challenge of Universal Sovreignty is inherently a flawed and pointless confrontation....

nm

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm assuming this is a battle of the testosterones?...

Snoozy, who usually sees this in hormone driven females...

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I thought this thread would be about why the Challenge of Universal Sovreignty is inherently a flawed and pointless confrontation....

Just like Satan, they think they can win against me! (I kid, I kid.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit