"They 'thought' themselves out of the truth, and clearly they are living an unhappy life now!"

by stuckinarut2 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yes, truly that is the only sad part of my life too. I miss my parents and brother. But otherwise life is very very good! I'm actually busier than I was as a witness tho, I got too excited, joined too many organizations and clubs I was interested in, so I'm working on cutting back, prioritizing... But all this stuff I do is by choice, I don't have to do anything I don't want to do, which is incredibly liberating. Sitting through and doing stuff I didn't want to do was miserable, my husband especially hated it. He got so grumpy Saturday mornings when we had to go out in service. Now he does yoga, rides his bike, makes a big breakfast for the family :).
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oub, I love this response!

Whenever I meet up with a JW that still attends and they ask me how I am I always say, "My life is fantastic! The ONLY part of it that isn't good is the lack of relationship with my children." [The ones that are still Kool-Aid Drinking JWs].

It's always very telling to see the look on their faces as my statement doesn't compute because of their beliefs.

Sometimes I ask if they'd like to help with a reconciliation. They always say, "No." Always.

I'll change it to reference a couple of cousins who are still 'in' and unhappy for a variety of reasons.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Fear tactic. Its all they have. Their doctrine is shit, their prophecies have failed miserably. Their leaders look like ass clowns spouting off about spanx, yoga pants, or whatever the hell he is trying to imply.

All they can do anymore is point at those who leave and slander them all as "unhappy". Like the Nazi - tell a lie, make it a big lie, and keep repeating it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

" They have 'thought themselves out of the truth' ".

But according to quoteworthy Anthony Morris 3rd, they are the

"Thinkingest people on the planet !"......So I don't understand

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Billy,

Oub, I love this response! I'll change it to reference a couple of cousins who are still 'in' and unhappy for a variety of reasons.

Of course. Feel free to use it with my blessings!

Just wait for the deer-in-the-headlights look on their face. It's priceless.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've heard the "thinking themselves out of the Truth" phrase a few times...

...even when I was still in, I thought it sounded stupid.

• talesin
    talesin

It doesn't matter .. that 'look' is their cognitive dissonance showing its ugly face because the Society (TM) has not given them a script for this conversation. Though I agree wholeheartedly, Oubliette - don't give them any ammunition, even if your spouse just left you, you have an incurable disease and your dog died. Never let 'em see you sweat!

xx

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Sorry to disappoint....we are happier than ever now that we are OUT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit