"They 'thought' themselves out of the truth, and clearly they are living an unhappy life now!"

by stuckinarut2 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, these gems and comments were used in the talk today:

Speaking of ones who "failed to show appreciation for all the rich spiritual food we get from the F&DS", the speaker said this:

"many have even failed to keep up with everything we are lovingly provided by Christ's brothers, and rather than keeping their faith strong, they have become complacent and even critical ofJehovah's provisions! They have 'thought themselves out of the truth' ".

"those who leave the congregations and organisations ALWAYS end up bringing unhappiness to their lives, and end up miserable, lost and in all sorts of turmoil"

When he said that, I just had to casually walk out to the bathrooms, as I would have had a brain explosion if I sat there any longer listening to such garbage!!

• millie210
    millie210
    They wish!
  • talesin
    talesin
    They have 'thought themselves out of the truth'

Ironically, that is the reality, and the speaker is saying "if you believe in the truth, you are not a thinking person". They came to their senses. And the main reason that ex-JWS are miserable (those who are) is because of the loss of their family!

I can't imagine how hard it would be, to listen to that drivel. It must make you angry, and so sad.

xx

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    more ridiculous generalizations and pointless clichés, all those that leave want to lead an immoral lifestyle etc or develop the morals of alley cats, cant they play another record?
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

For those of us who have left, to be obviously happy, and vocal about it is the best thing we can do when we meet JW's.

It really rattles their cage. I met a M.S from my old Congo. a while back, and was saying how happy Mrs Phizzy and I are, he said in an astounded tone, "But you can't be happy", I assured him we were, he went away shaking his head LOL.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

those who leave the congregations and organisations ALWAYS end up bringing unhappiness to their lives

In a way that's true. I'm unhappy that the part of my family that remains JWs won't talk to me because I no longer attend meetings. (FYI: I am technically a JW in good standing).

Whenever I meet up with a JW that still attends and they ask me how I am I always say, "My life is fantastic! The ONLY part of it that isn't good is the lack of relationship with my children." [The ones that are still Kool-Aid Drinking JWs].

It's always very telling to see the look on their faces as my statement doesn't compute because of their beliefs.

Sometimes I ask if they'd like to help with a reconciliation. They always say, "No." Always.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

"those who leave the congregations and organisations ALWAYS end up bringing unhappiness to their lives, and end up miserable, lost and in all sorts of turmoil"

Yeah right...generally the exact opposite is true. Leaving was the single best decision I ever made in my entire life. I enjoy every day of being in the Driver seat of my life, allowed to make my own mistakes and learn from them. My adult life is the happiest ever.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I love this rhetoric, I didn't start feeling happy my whole 35 years of life until I started living apart from this cult. To me the is a fallacious bold face lie. I know many who have experienced this, and my opinion of them is that leaving the truth was only because they wanted to go out and be what they considered "worldly" so the did everything crazy they could, and they were like sheep amongst wolves because the cult made them this way. So yes they were chewed up and spit out because they were ill equipped to deal with "Life".

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    And the main reason that ex-JWS are miserable (those who are) is because of the loss of their family!

This is the point the consistently forget. It's like saying, don't eat red meat, because if you do, I'll cut off your tongue. This is a protection for you, because everyone that's disobeyed me and ate red meat lost their ability to speak!

F*** this cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    They have 'thought themselves out of the truth' ".

"those who leave the congregations and organizations ALWAYS end up bringing unhappiness to their lives, and end up miserable, lost and in all sorts of turmoil"

.....................Image result for Idiot award

................Image result for jehovahs witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit