Brothers Be Happy - WT Study for October 25-32, Earnestly Seek Jehovah's Blessing...

by jgnat 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

If the burden is light, why would need to be reminded of that? Jesus prefaced His statement with "come unto me". He was talking to those that had not yet taken up the burden.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Many faithful dubs will admit that the "ministry" is a chore that they would rather not have to do, but they accept it as a part of the package of their religion.

This article makes some weird points :

P5 In Israel "God took note of the heart condition of the truly generous person and promised to bless him in his every deed and undertaking"...So if you contributed but were not cheerful about it...no blessing !...I never got this blessing thing anyway. Is it evident that generous ones are more prosperous than their meaner neighbours? I don't think so.

A reminder to toe the line P7.."We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings.Without the assistance of the faithful and discreet slave we would never understand the full import of what we read in Gods word nor know how to apply it"

Pictures on page 9 compare personal study with Jacob's grappling all night with an angel. Should it really be such toil?

P 12..."We recognize that the end could come at any time : Jehovah's timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet"..........So they say that God will slaughter the innocent who are ignorant of his purpose????? ..And they call this good news?

It ends with the exhortation to "Pour your heart into every assignment"......and Enjoy it, or else....

• sir82
    sir82

..."We recognize that the end could come at any time : Jehovah's timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every

individual on the planet".

Good thing, too - I'd estimate that at least 4 billion, maybe 5 billion persons on earth have never received a "personal witness" from a JW.

And of those that have, well over 90% have likely received nothing more substantial than a "Good morning, would you like to read this fascinating article in the Awake magazine on the 1001 uses of antelope dung? No? OK, have a nice day."

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Prayer and meetings will solve everything about the field ministry. Pray for more holy spirit and be indoctrinated more with the meetings to feel comfortable with what to preach. Then there will be joy beyond compare as one reaches for the pioneer service.

• boyzone
    boyzone

If the front door is open - don't knock

If there's loud music coming from the house - don't knock

If the owner is out front - don't knock

If the owner is out back - don't knock

If there's a dog asleep on the porch - don't knock

If there's a dog barking in the house - don't knock

If there's another 2 hours to kill to get your time - walk r-e-a-l slow.

If it looks like rain - head for Sister Elderly's house to "encourage" her, and still count the time.

"Pour your heart into every assignment"......???

Yeah, right.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Hence, the need for Brother Some.

Hilarious! I think Brother Some has had a long, distinguished career in 'the truth'! Wonder if he gets stern counsel for having predicted things for about 100 years, going off on his own tangents? Ha ha!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

One thing that people like debator don't acknowledge is that they INDIVIDUALLY do not preach earthwide. They hide under the shadow of the organization and then say "WE are doing it!" But debator (I am assuming here...) has never gone to other countries to preach. In fact the "easy road" that she accuses Christians of being on could not be farther from the truth.

Debator, look at this site. Christians EVERYWHERE are dying and being abused for their faith. NOT because they belong to a cult, but because of their OWN PERSONAL faith. www.persecution.com

• dinah
    dinah

Debator:

He recognised it as hard, tiring, emotional, difficult but joyful work.

He only did it for 3 years. My Mom has been doing it for over 40 years. The only relief in sight is her death, or get off that treadmill. Your logic is tiresome. Jesus hasn't only left the building in Brooklyn, I doubt he was EVER there in the first place.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Jesus spent 3 half years solidly preaching.

LOL

I bet 'bator hasn't done that.

My old man has spent way more time banging on doors than Jesus, and in more countries too.

I've probably spent more time banging on doors than Jesus and I wasn't even a baptised cult member.

If she's happy in LaLa Land she should get her butt down to the KH and bathe in the glory instead of flaunting her Apostate ass on the net.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit