Brothers Be Happy - WT Study for October 25-32, Earnestly Seek Jehovah's Blessing...

by jgnat 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's no good just to go through the motions. To achieve Jehovah's blessings, the brothers and sisters must have the right heart motivation; to conduct their work in joy and love and remind themselves that the load is not burdensome.

But what if the work IS boring and burdensome? What if in the organization and scheduling of "God's organization", the spirit of the law has been lost?

I am sure there are many disheartened Witnesses, struggling to maintain their hours, secretly worried about their lack of genuine love for the work. They try and regenerate earlier enthusiasms, but they quickly wane. This is not unusual. This is natural when expectation and reality do not match.

The cure? Ruthless self-examination and a clean break. Few take it.

The band-aid? Paste on the smile, make the right motions, and die inside.

...popping by for my little rant....(non-Witness wife to a struggling JW)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Jgnat..

To date..

Every JW that has ever lived..

Has died needing to do more for the WBT$..

The WBT$ never stops Cracking the Whip..

The WBT$ always Demands More..

................ ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rats...

I thought this was going to be a "Blondie"-style point-by-point refutation of the article...

But thanks for posting that, Jgnat!! At least, now I have an overview!!

Zid

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But what if the work IS boring and burdensome?

It isn't, do you need the load is light scripture read again?

-Sab

• Gayle
    Gayle

So is there new lite song ,,"Don't worry...Be Happy!"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In a High-Control Group, the PROBLEM is always the fault of the INDIVIDUAL. The leadership is never to blame, because they are directed by God.

Hence, the need for Brother Some.

"Some brothers ran ahead of Jehovah by predicting dates for the End of the World."

• debator
    debator

hi jgnat

It is god-assigned work they recognise this with joy but also recognise it is a job that needs doing. Jesus spent 3 half years solidly preaching. Did he think preaching, teaching, travelling from city to city as boring? He recognised it as hard, tiring, emotional, difficult but joyful work.

Is it boring according to this worlds standard of pleasure seeking self-obsession? definitely according to them but then we are not part of this world and it's ways.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

-bator, what is God-assigned work? Preaching false prophecy as the JWs have? Doubtful. Knocking on doors to spread your message? No.

Sharing the same gospel Paul shared!

• carla
    carla

debator- " He recognised it as hard, tiring, emotional, difficult but joyful work."- got a scripture for that?

• sir82
    sir82

Debator,

So how many "joyful hours" of preaching do you turn in each month?

Oh, and by the way, how is it you have the knowledge and authority to speak for 7 million other JWs?

If given a secret ballot, how many would check a box labeled "my field service work is my life's greatest joy"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit