Will there ever be another defection from the GB?

by stuckinamovement 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Ray Franz decided to leave Bethel and the Governing Body because he could not continue to promote or support the lies and half truths that were being told. Do you think that it is possible that one of the new boys might actually grow a pair of balls and stand up for what is true and reject what is false?

There are so many doctrines that time has annulled. It is obvious to many that the WTS and the governing body has painted itself into a corner. There are more people partaking even though the 144k have supposedly all been called, they are publishing laughably twisted interpretations of Jesus' words not to mention the fiasco regarding blood.

I was thinking about the current composition of the GB and realized that around 50% of these boys were raised in the truth and around 50% came in from the territory. I think that it could be realistic that one or more of these guys realizes that the teachings he has always held dear are in fact false and defects. When will one of them realize that they have the power to effect a real change within this organization? I think the GB are lost and know it. Hopefully one of them will realize that it is better to stand up for what is right than to knowingly live a lie. Statistically speaking not all of them can be 100% on board with the doctrines of the WTS.

GB Members we are waiting for you to stand up for what is right........

God is waiting for you to stand up for what is right....

yeah I know wishful thinking.

SIAM

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I could only wish. But I don't think that kind of courage exists in those men. You never know though.

• pirata
    pirata

I was hoping brother Barr, he at list didn't cover up over the expectations for 1914 in the new DVD.

• blondie
    blondie

Ray Franz did not choose to leave Bethel and the GB, he was asked to leave. But he was not df'd but went on to join a congregation in Georgia where he was for awhile. Then his jw employer da'd himself. Ray had a meal with him and his wife along with his own wife. The WTS rewrote the rules and backdated them and df'd Ray, but not Ray's wife. Ray did not write his books until after that event.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks Blondie for the clarification

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Ray would've left anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

So, Dan, did Ray tell you that?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

He surely did. I've got the email around here somewhere. I'll post it if I can. He was in the process of deciding how he could live outside of Bethel when everything started going down.

• antes8080
    antes8080

i met a couple of them and the only one that was humble was david splane he did call old ppl murmururs but he was really nice when i talk to him he even told me to pray for them couse they were not perfect and there tryng there best, so i taught that was nice... met morrison and losch and both of them are jerks walk around like if they christ shakimng hand like if they are obama it was just sickining... so yes i do think one or two are going to split of the GB...

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Another defection from the GB? Are you kidding? They've got plush apartments, free medical, gold-plated cadillacs, special important crowns, caviar for breakfast, cushy jobs, get their sphincters kissed everywhere they go, an army of brainless oompa-lumpas working their printing factory for free, etc....

Why would they leave?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit