by Sour Grapes 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Yesterday during the Witchtower Study, every one was

talking about how wonderful Paradise will be with no food

shortages, perfect weather, no pollution, no disease, and be

able to play with lions and tigers. They do not even stop to consider

the following:

Why doesn't the Witchtower ever show the inside of the pretty houses?

(perhaps no refigerators or gas stoves)

They never show factories with smoke stacks. What is going

to be used for power? Oil, gas, coal? Who is going to make

cars or are we going to all have our personal elephant, donkey,

or horse. I would hate to be in charge of cleaning up all of

the elephant crap in my garage or stepping in lion crap in

the back yard. Who is going to make all of the tractors and

bulldozers that will be required to turn the earth into a paradise?

We will need foundries, machine shops, electricity, coal mnes,

oil wells etc. ( Maybe BP will survive the Big A)

Maybe we will till the ground with plows pulled by horses.

If one has bad eyesight and wears glasses, with ones vision

become perfect overnight? If not and your vision gradually

gets better how many pairs of glasses will you have to go thru

as your vision improves? How long will take all of the joyus

survivors to bury the billions of dead people and to remove

all of the debris left after the defastation of Armageddon?

Look how long it took the clear away just two buildings after

9/11 with plenty of heavy duty equipement.

When the powergrid is knocked out and there is no power

to run pumps and our toilets no longer have water to flush

we will go back to outhouses. Who is going to make the

toilet paper? Who is going to make the shoes that we will

need to do all of that walking since we may not have cars.

Who is going to kill the cows to make the leather for the shoes?

I have got to stop my brain is begining to bleed.

Sour Grapes

• looloo
    looloo

gosh , u really have thought long and hard , wish i had met u when in as i would have been brought back to reality much quicker !

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But it sure won't be boring! Here's an article I remember reading when I was young:

What Is the Bible’s View?
    Will Everlasting Life Be Boring?

THE good news that Jesus Christ preached when he was on the earth included his words: “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”—John 3:16.

Where will those gaining salvation enjoy everlasting life? From the Scriptures we learn that some will gain everlasting life in the heavens. This Jesus made clear when he said to his followers: “In the house of my Father there are many abodes. . . . I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.” The early Christians had this hope, even as the apostle Paul wrote that there was awaiting him “a house not made with hands, everlasting in the heavens.” (John 14:2, 3; 2 Cor. 5:1)

From Revelation 7:4-8 and 14:1, 3 it is clear that the number having this destiny is limited to 144,000.
    And that there is an earthly destiny for many of humankind is seen from Jesus’ model prayer, for in it he told his followers to pray for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. (Matt. 6:10) An earthly destiny for many is also indicated by such prophecies as Habakkuk 2:14 and Revelation 21:4: “The earth will be filled with the knowing of the glory of Jehovah as the waters themselves cover over the sea.” “He [God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” This prophetic promise is often applied to the heavenly realm, but is that right? The immediate context of this prophecy refers to “a new earth” and states that ‘the tent of God will be with men and he will dwell with them,’ in a representative capacity, of course.—Rev. 21:1, 3.

However, there are some who profess not to be interested in everlasting life under these conditions, either in heaven or on the earth. Say they: “I would not want to live forever under such conditions. Life would be boring, yes, insufferably dull if there were no such things as wars, violence and catastrophes. I crave excitement. It takes things like these to make life interesting.”

But will those who gain everlasting life in the heavens be bored? Heaven is not a place of idleness. Thus Jesus said: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.” (John 5:17) Both he and Jehovah God are described as being happy and so they could not be bored; one reason for their happiness is their being busy. And regarding the followers of Jesus Christ who gain heaven, we are told: “Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; . . . they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years.” As the ‘seed of Abraham’ they will share with Jesus Christ in blessing all the families of the earth.—Rev. 20:6; Gen. 22:17, 18; Gal. 3:16, 29.

Then, will those gaining everlasting life on earth be bored? Those who profess to need the excitement of wars, accidents, violence and catastrophes to make life interesting are certainly lacking in empathy. Would they themselves want to be the victims of these things so that other people might not be bored with life? Hardly! Such a mental attitude reveals an unthinking selfishness as well as an immaturity of heart and mind.
    The Bible tells that Abraham lived for 175 years and then died, “old and satisfied.” He certainly was not bored. (Gen. 25:8) True, old age with helplessness might be boring, but the Bible holds out no such dreary prospect. Perpetual youth will be the lot of those who live forever. A noted Christian minister once painted the following beautiful word picture concerning that time: “Picture before your mental vision the glory of the perfect earth. Not a stain of sin mars the harmony and peace of a perfect society; not a bitter thought, not an unkind look or word; love, welling up from every heart, meets a kindred response in every other heart, and benevolence marks every act. . . . Think of all the pictures of comparative health and beauty of human form and feature that you have ever seen, and know that perfect humanity will be of still surpassing loveliness. The inward purity and mental and moral perfection will stamp and glorify every radiant countenance. Such will earth’s society be.”

Yes, even today, under present imperfect conditions, there are men who live until in their nineties and who are anything but bored. For example, a famous cellist recently died at the age of ninety-six years. Until his death he led a full and happy life, and, without a doubt, he would have liked nothing better than to live forever bringing happiness to people by means of his musical gifts.

That is the way it will be in the new system of things when people begin to enjoy the blessings of God’s kingdom. They will be at peace with Jehovah God, their Creator and Benefactor. They will keep on worshiping Him with spirit and truth. This worship of their God Jehovah will be one of the things that gives their lives richness and happiness. Then too, not only will they be at peace with one another but they will all be so kindly disposed toward one another that they will be doing good to others continually.

Of course, part of their time will be taken up caring for their physical needs; they will need to work to get the necessary food, clothing and shelter for themselves. They will need to eat meals regularly, and eating never gets boring no matter how often we do it. More than that, there will be ample time for relaxation and for visiting with friends, relatives or some noted servants of Jehovah God like Noah or Abraham.

Yes, just as we never tire of eating, so mankind will never get tired of learning new things, acquiring new skills. There will be time daily for such things. Mankind will have ample time to exercise both mind and body. With commercialized, competitive sports a thing of the past, no doubt there will be more healthful ways of expending energy, such as in community games, in hiking, in swimming. Lovers of music will learn to play expertly the grandest of music, that will then be composed, on all the variety of instruments that perfect men will no doubt invent.

Many persons, no doubt, will want to use their spare time throughout the centuries to study the great variety of plant life, of which, we are told, there are at present more than 350,000 known species. They can also spend as many years as they want to in becoming fully acquainted with the many, many different kinds of mammals, reptiles, birds, fish and insects. Others may prefer directing their skills in the line of such arts as painting and sculpture or in the fields of science. Yes, humankind will be ever learning, ever coming up with new ideas. Bored? Never! Not for all eternity!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Here is a nice little quote from the 1926 GA Magazine. This is what Rutherford though paradise would be like:

"Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes.. may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device. Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and if they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up.. No danger of falling down stairs then."

• TD
    TD

Good observations! Every manufactured object you lay your eyes on is sittiing atop a huge pyramid of technology...

The classic example is the pencil. It is one of the simplest of manufactured objects, but still beyond the ability of an individual to produce.

Wood would have to be harvested and processed. This would include felling a tree, removing the limbs, removing the bark, squaring it into a flitch, drying the flitch, resawing the flitch into usable lumber, drying the lumber in a kiln.

Graphite would have to be mined, mixed with clay, extruded and then sintered in an oven.

Copper ore would have to mined, crushed, washed, smelted, cast, hot rolled, cooled, and then cold rolled into sheets

Latex would have to be harvested, processed, vulcanized into rubber, rolled and stamped.

It's true that a house could be built using only hand tools if you have enough time and know how, but where would the tools come from? There's more technology behind a good hand saw than there is behind a pencil.

• sabastious
    sabastious

God is going to make poop take care of itself in the new world.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Rutherford: Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects.

OMG, this is a halarious statement.

-Sab

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

My MIL has put her life on hold since the sixties believing that Armageddon "is around the corner".

She says she will have a fitted kitchen and a dishwasher in the new world.

She could have had those things now which may have meant she would eat heathy food rather than popping vitamin pills because she cannot prepare food in her awful kitchen that she has.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

And we will have meetings to go to. Woohoo!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Shoe leather will be made from Apostate ass-skin. Glue will be made from Apostate bones. Rope from Apostate hair.

etc. etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit