Did you ever love to be in the Watchtower?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

only liked it never in love with the truth and only then when i gave it my all. after awhile i realized i could not keep up on the treadmill and the joy disappered.

• cofty
    cofty

As a young man I loved it totally. If you really believed it how could you not love being part of the most important thing in the world?

I can't do "pretend", as soon as I realised it was wrong I was out of there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I couldn`t get away fast enough..

http://nellatnci.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/running_man.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i was young, i liked it. Compared to my homelife as a kid, it was wonderful, the company of jw families, the assemblies w great food, even the meetings were a high point. In my twenties and thirties as well, i had a pretty good social life w the jws that i hung w. I traveled the world w some of them. It was much later on that it went sour - the guilt from my own shortcomings that built and built, so that depression got to be almost paralyzing.

I never looked for a way out, though. Reading ray franz book did that. From it, i saw that it wasn't god directed, just internal politics. After that, i got out really fast.

S

• Bitch on Parade
    Bitch on Parade

I always hated it. I always felt like an outsider and the crap they would spew from behind the podium made me feel guilty at first, and as I got older, angry.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The answer to this question, for me, is the same as it is when asked " do you love God"

For me I always believed that I "should " love being a Witness and that I " should " love God, but I was never sure if I was doing it right. Why would I honestly love having to go from door to door or attending those repetitious meetings ? To me it never seemed to fit, it was a forced thing that I did out of obedience. I only liked going because it was a chance to see my friends and I didn't want to dissapoint anyone. Everyone else seemed to "get it" more than me. I would always be surprised at the things some of people who I thought were really good at being Witnesses, would do or would get in trouble for. Even though I really didn't like reading the literature and didn't feel comfortable talking about my beliefs, I never wanted do anything really wrong and I lived according to our beliefs and really took it to heart.

I think I loved goodness and the idea that I was involved in something good. I liked the camaraderie that comes along with accomplishing a difficult task with others as well as the feeling of superiority that was insinuated because you were on the right side.

Being out of the organization now feels much like it did when I graduated from High School. Toward the end of High School when I knew it was drawing to a close, I couldn't wait to get out...get it overwith. At first I missed my friends and having a daily routine that I didn't even have to think about, just do. Even though I would miss everyone, I had outgrown it and it didn't make sense to keep on going there.

• smoresz
    smoresz

When I first started out Yes i did love it! I loved it for a couple more years after that, i made Min S. gave lots of parts and loved doing it all. I lost because i felt like God would never help me no matter how hard i would try, no matter how hard i would pray, i didnt feel God nomore either though i didn't commit any "big sin" prior to that nor for a while after. Am not negative over it, it was part of my life, am freshly out, but like my other posts am much happier with out. The friends I made were good to me and I do still have feeling for some of them. Yes I am now considered "Bad association" (3 reproves), i dont feel negative about it because thats what most of us were taught. We just obeyed like good sheep, and thats what they doin to me.

but big whoop, am not gunna cry about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit