Did you ever love to be in the Watchtower?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • JAFO
    JAFO

Nope.

next question?

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Yes, in my youth. When I believed and when my friends believed. When we volunteered at assemblies and enjoyed one another's company at congregational activities. But most of all when I believed that Knorr and Fred Franz truly lived as they taught us and required us to live. With love, respect and honesty.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I loved people in my congo, ONCE. I'm done with the BOrg. Any other dumb questions?

V665

• asilentone
    asilentone

Vampire, the reason why I started this thread, I was reading one JW said on facebook "I love being in the ASL congregation", that is what inspires me to start this thread.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Just a joke...

V665

• mamalove
    mamalove

I remember hating service as a kid, hating going to meetings, as a teenager, didnt like it much. I did like assemblies because I got to buy some new outfits. Yes, very vain and superficial I know...Into my adulthood I disliked it because I struggled with two small kids and an idiot husband who was no help. It is a relief to be gone!

• Ding
    Ding

Many do love being in the Watchtower.

You're part of the only organization in the world that has "the truth."

You know God's name; most people do not.

Your mission is to save as many people as you can from destruction.

Your JW friends are all on this journey with you.

Bible "experts" are constantly updating you on what God is doing.

Most of the world has no idea how to please Jehovah; you do.

So you ignore all the red flags and all the things that don't fit the paradigm.

You ignore all the guilt manipulation and the deep-seated fear you that you don't measure up.

You shut your eyes and plug your ears and do your best to keep the organization happy because it's what you're relying on for your security, your significance, and your salvation.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Ding- you bring out so many good points. Yes, there was a time I loved being "in the truth" for those reasons and I was proud of the huge one of a kind printing operation the WT has. At one time it was the 3rd largest printing company in the world. At one time the Brooklyn printery was the third largest printing plant in the world and the largest book binding plant in NY! Being a JW meant you were special and saved! You were one of the few privelidged ones!

I once truly believed that. I'd say for the first 7-9 years I felt that way.

then little by little reality began to appear and the happiness began fading away.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I never really loved it. I was always kind of on the outside not good enough for the spiritually strong and not weak enough for the spiritually weak. I appeared to be lukewarm. But I really loved God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit