Freemasonry and Jehovah's Witnesses

by Hammer_Of_Thor 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

My old JW CPA Accountant joined the Masons, he told me he was surprised to see other JWs at their meetings.

Its not what you know its who you know.

• ninja
    ninja

hey hammy welcome

did you mean "joseph smith" instead of john?

he was on the square too

• ninja
    ninja

oh lord my god....is there no help for the widows son?.........he nearly got the whole phrase out before he was killed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry_and_the_Latter_Day_Saint_movement

• St George of England
    St George of England

*** w97 12/15 p. 10 They ‘Bought Truth’! ***

“My studies helped me to see that Jehovah God detests any involvement with spiritism because it can bring one under the influence of Satan and his wicked spirit forces. Would I continue as a member of the Masonic Lodge with all its mysticism, or would I quit and please Jehovah? I chose the latter. I destroyed all the Freemason paraphernalia I had, even the suit I used for Lodge meetings. I experienced the truth of Jesus’ promise when he said, ‘The truth will set you free’! (John 8:32) Now I am happily sharing the things I have learned with others. I have no regrets whatsoever.”

George

PS Up until about 1950 many congregations met in Freemason's Lodges but then a directive came to break any such association.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A read somewhere off a FM's web site that Charles Russell father Joseph was a Mason,

which might indicate that Charles associated with this group as well.

One has to keep in mind that the membership of Freemasonry is about inviting all believers of a single god,

most likely there were members back in Russell's time who were from an sorted different sects (Christain ), just as there are today.

Another thing to think about is Pyramidology especially in Russell's time was as its highest focal interest within the Freemasons.

Russel himself proclaimed that he was a Freemason in one of his speeches on occasion of his touring lectures.

The remaining members of the IBSA still use Freemason halls to give lectures.

Back in his time Russell and some of closest supporters (IBSA) used Freemason halls to give public speeches.

So you can see a plausible connection with the Freemasons and Charles T Russell.

But of course today if a JW were to join this group they would be quickly disfellowshipped in an instant.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is no spellcheck on this forum but if you are using (Microsoft I.E.) as a browser you can download this little bit

of software for free and use it on this forum as well as just about everywhere else.

An ABC with a check mark Icon will appear in the tools section

Here's a link

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

Mozzila Firefox has add ons that you can download for free to check your spelling while posting on forums too

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Hammer - Question bout being a freemason.................are you required to swear allegience 'prior' to fully knowing what your getting yourself into? And 2nd question.......I've seen both sides online of some rituals that can appear satanic but have christian meaning or the don't judge a book by it's cover thing, anyway if after joining something bothers your conscience, since Freemasons accept those of all faiths who just believe in a higher power, if something bothers onces conscience must they do it to remain a member?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

OOO I never heard bout Fred Franz w/ the mason ring, can somebody link or post that photo? Much obliged.

• bohm
    bohm

I have nothing to add to the topic, just want to give you a big welcome and say i like your balanced style of writing.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I'm a former JW from Texas

If you truly were a former JW you would know about JWS joining an organization such as the Freemasons ?

Something tells me your not being truthful about your association with the JWS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit