Some light reading from October 2, 2010

by Open mind 24 Replies latest members private

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow..... Move over, Scientologists!!!

"Although impressive to men, compared with Jehovah's glorious, fear-inspiring chariot, it is a sluggish, miniscule, clumsy rattletrap. Jehovah's chariot described at Ezekiel 1 represents the heavenly part of Jehovah's organization. Who is the rider? Jehovah, who lovingly directs every move of the organization as it carries out his will and purpose. Horses moved Absalom's chariot but how is Jehovah's chariot impelled? Ezekiel 1:20 answers, "Wherever the spirit inclined to go, they would go." This same holy spirit directs his cherubs and the wheels, whose rims are full of eyes (vs. 18). This indicates that the chariot is not going blindly or running wild, but has intelligent supervision. There are two parts to his organization, the heavenly and the earthly. If the heavenly part is directed by holy spirit, then the earthly part must be also, since it is a reflection of the heavenly part. By being obedient we show we keep pace with the chariot. At what speed can Jehovah's chariot move? Absalom's chariot ran about 45 mph, the speed of a race horse. Vs 14 says of the celestial chariot that "there was a going forth and a returning as with the appearance of lightning."The World Book Encyclopedia says that the speed of a stroke of lightning is 93,000 miles per second. Of course, this is used as an illustration, because it really goes much faster-at the speed of thought, Jehovah's thought, which is inconceivably fast. ..."

And people say that Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in fantasy "science"....

Zid

• booby
    booby

Remember that the term "necessary family business" is our term; it is not found in the Bible. We believe Jehovah will "understand." Therefore, it is important not to push the envelope. (I get the impression this means don't push the envelope in the direction of more contact)

If this is recorded accurately and it seems to be, then I see a harder/harsher stance coming in regard to disfellowshipped family members.

And what is the "we believe Jehovah will understand" bullshit?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Everyone has a personal arrangement for being shepherded except district overseers and their wives. Bethel representatives will be sent out to spend a week with the district overseer for meetings, share in the field ministry, and join them for the circuit assembly. Who will make these shepherding visits? Brothers who have a keen understanding of what the traveling work is all about, a keen love for them and empathy, such as Branch Committee members and others who have spent time in the traveling work before Bethel. When will this begin? When the Kingdom Ministry Schools conclude. This program will be tested for two years in the United States and then implemented worldwide. ..."

Look for more District Overseer defections within the next 2 - 3 years... Hopefully more dirt will be revealed as a result of accellerated defections...

As for the rest of the article...

Let's see....

"Tens of millions of dollars have already been saved and even more in operating costs will be saved. ..."

Yeah, especially since they're really only seeing increases in the poorer, Third World countries like Haiti, the Phillipines, Ethiopia, and so on...

I wish the Russians had been successful at proving their case. The issue with the Russians - suppose that was one of the reasons the Watchtower Society joined the U.N.??? I hope the Russians keep track of the Witnesses; if the Russians change their approach and are more thorough in their legal work, they might be able to boot the Watchtower Society out of Russia... "God" knows, the Watchtower Society has certainly broken up far too many marriages...

Oh, and this is classic!!!

"Does this mean there will be no more new branches in the future? No. Serbia and Macedonia were established a month ago. ..."

So, the areas with stricter labor laws are being phased out, while new branches are being established in East Podunk, Slobbobvia ["Lil' Abner" reference...] ???

Sheeeeesh....

Zid

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

All these changes are JUST in time, because Armageddon will be here any day now. If we knew the day and hour, it would probably scare us.

:-)

-MF31-

• Farkel
    Farkel

I only read a small portion of it, OM. The shit was just piled up too high for me to finish. But I did notice these gems:

:Why are these “mergers” being done? There are many advantages and the greatest is providing spiritual benefits.

:Greater unity is produced, further separating us from Satan’s world.

From that statement, it logically follows that "When we were doing all of that great expansion for nearly 100 years, it promoted great disunity and it brought us closer to Satan's world."

:Fewer branch locations allow the Governing Body more time to provide the needed oversight, and Branch Committees are strengthened by using experienced men from diverse backgrounds.

"When we had many more branch locations, the Governing didn't provide the needed oversight, and the Brach Committees were weak because they had too many inexperienced men from the same backgrounds."

When all the crap is cut out, it boils down to this, "Jehovah was blessing us because of our vast expansion...and Jehovah is now blessing us because of our vast cutbacks. No mater what we do, even when we reverse course and do exactly the opposite, Jehovah is always blessing us."

Either, "Jehovah" is a "God of confusion" or the Watchtower is a "religion of total bullshit."

Farkel

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ....it is amazing when we see how fast things are happening on earth during these last days. Let’s review what has happened in the last five years.

They show "progress" by listing changes. Many changes are there to deal with failing finances or other problems, but they put a positive spin on them to indicate the chariot moving forward. Basically, if they expand it is proof of Jehovah's blessing. If they withdraw, it's proof of Jehovah's Day near. (Or as Farkel said above.)

® Recent moves to consolidate branches, such as: Alaska (2006) and Hawaii (this Sept 1) came under the supervision of US. In 2009 Luxemburg merged with Germany. There's something "magical" to them about showing growth in the United States, even if it's just a different way of counting. They did the 15-minute publishers, they merged Alaska, they let parents both count 4 hours a month with their kids (to keep both parents considered "active" without lifting a finger). Now, they are pushing foreign-language congs. in the U.S. because English is not growing. Here they are, still needing to merge Hawaii in to U.S. figures. They are running out of ideas on this. I wouldn't be surprised if they radically change the way they "count" soon- maybe by attendance.

...a simplified edition of the Watchtower in English.

It wouldn't surprise me if that became the standard.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

All I read was a corporate downsizing taking place. Cost savings at every level all over the world. Downsize, downsize, downsize. Oh and worship the GB because they are spirit direct like Jehovah's chariot... WTF?

WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR? Anthony Morris

Wow. I knew it. They are going to be 'closing in the ranks', i.e. tightening their grip on the organization. They are going to 'weed' it out, keep only the 'wheat'.

It's amazing once you've awoke to the lies that the WTS is and reading this just cements the facts of them being a mind-control cult. I think every part of the BITE model (Steven Hassan term) was captured in the Annual Meeting.

Truly disgusting.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Great comments so far. There's an amazing amount of fodder left in there.

OTWO: Excellent interpretation on all the various shenanigans to help keep U.S. numbers up.

The bottom line in the U.S. is that western culture isn't buying into fundamentalist doomsday claptrap enough to keep a large organization going, IMO.

om

• bohm
    bohm

Anthonny Morris say something interesting:

In the meantime, what should we be doing? In addition to having a waiting attitude, we need to close ranks! That term was used in The Watchtower a few times. It is a military term dating back to the 1700’s, meaning the bringing of troops into close order with no gaps in the fighting line, tighten up to fight the enemy. As individual members in the Governing Body, each one of us falls short of the stature of the Christ. But as a group, when we come to a unanimous accord, we come close. So, don’t ever doubt that Jesus Christ is leading us to victory. Will you circuit and district overseers, pioneers, missionaries, Bethelites and long time faithful servants close ranks with us against the Devil and his demons? While we wait for the cry of ‘peace and security,’ the sealing of the anointed and the outbreak of the great tribulation, let us close ranks and take to heart the words of Psalm 31:24, “Be courageous, and may YOUR heart be strong, all you who are waiting for Jehovah.”

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

The BITE model scares me. When was it designed?

Was it designed with JWs in mind because they seem to almost perfectly match?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit