...Which Way is the Cat Going?!...

by OUTLAW 36 Replies latest social humour

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

This should help us decide,

• prologos
    prologos

just another possibility: the camera is looking down at a wet floor that reflects the trees and the bright sky, and the supposed nose is a anti-slip carbide strip laid in to satisfy the building code for non-slip surfaces. As Simon said, if its up, it is shoddy construction or failed photoshop. "down the up staircase"

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I say down because of what has already been mentioned about the nosing on the treads (the part of the tread that overhangs the riser by about 1 inch). Very good illusion. Somebody mentioned trees. Am I missing something? I don't see any.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

I just saw that and I don't get it. It seems to clearly be going down. Clues:

cats front left paw is supporting its weight as it descends.

The stair lips.

The walls have the distinct horizontal marks on them that all such stairs usually develop.

i don't get it. Clearly going downstairs.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The decoration on the risers makes it look more like the cat is descending. The treads likely would not be decorated.

Marina

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    4 hours ago

Its going down.

When a cat runs down stairs it raises its tail to keep balance.

As it runs upstair its tail stays low as balance is not needed.

Just expeimented with my cat. That is what she does.

She is a fit nine year old. She knows what she is doing.

Try it if you own a cat.

Based on watching cats all my life, I would agree with this.

Cats use their tails tremendously for guidance and balance, which is particularly necessary when going down.

Compare climbing up images: https://www.google.com/search?q=cat+climbing&biw=778&bih=425&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4osoVaShB8fxoATW3YHADg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

(I like this one best

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Down. For sure.

What " trees " are people speaking about??

• prologos
    prologos
    stuck, look in the top right corner of the far background, you see some grey sky and the outline of one of the smaller tree tops. depending on your screen quality of course. It seems to be a entrence to a subway or under-street passage in a park, with trees in the background.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I would have said down

smiddy

• jhine
    jhine

I am so glad other people cannot see.trees . I was reaching for the phone to book an eye test ! Where are the trees ?

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit