Cooking With Leolaia

by Leolaia 62 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Dang Outlaw, you sound just like my father. He's always telling me, "you're more of an old man than me! And I'm 73!" I just don't believe in meat tasting sugary. Thats sacrelige to me. Fish is supposed to be fried with season salt, or just plain ol white salt. Maybe some hot sauce or ketchup. But not no friggin pineapple. Outlaw there's a reason the food chart doesn't have mixing and matching. Each group is categorized unto itself. Look at this............

you notice that none of the food groups are mixed up. Remember Sesame Street, and the part where they would ask us as children which one of the several objects didn't belong? Its the same way with the food groups. Meat and fruits aren't supposed to go together. The same way fish and pineapples don't go together. It aint natural Outlaw.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If you're strictly a meat and potatoes guy, then this may not be your dish. It is a more fusion Asian type of dish.

BTW, the sauce is not a sweet flavor per se. It is sweet and savoury. The savoury flavor is what goes well with the fish. And mahi is not a very meaty tasting fish, and its flavor is set mostly by the nuts. All in all, the combination is a delicate balance that I can only call "yummy".

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

What a cool thread, Leo! Love the pix walkthrough, and it sounds and LOOKS amazingly delicious! I can almost smell it... I just wish I could TASTE it!

Yes I think I'll be giving this one a go.

Thank you!

Love!
    Baba.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTW, the next dish I will probably make for this thread is Sunday gravy, which will definitely be more up your alley. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Misery!!..

I use Different Foods,like an Artist use`s different Coloured Paints..

I create Texture,Flavour and Colour using food..

The end result,is Art for the Eyes and Taste Buds..

It`s funny but..

You don`t hear much Talking at my Dinner Table..

People are usually Consumed with Consuming..

LOL!!..

Leolaia..

I`ll be watching..I`m Curious to see your Next Creation..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just made the dish again (as I need to get rid of the rest of the nuts before they go bad), eating it right now. My bf commented on how, on account of the large portion size I served out, it is probably more calories than it looks. "But it's a tasty dish though, isn't it?" he added. :)

I had a bit of a problem with the caramelization process tonight when I forgot to stir for 5 minutes while I was crushing the nuts (I use a mallet...every kitchen should have a mallet :)). But despite a bit of charring (not much), it made no difference in the taste.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Leo..

Yum that sounds good..

My specialty in Culinary Arts class was Sauces..

It`s an art unto itself..

Carmalization can bring out flavours you can`t get otherwise..

As your sauce browns on the side of pot..

You scrap it off and work it back into the sauce..

Carmalization is esential for 5 star graveys..Although the method is different..

It really is worth the effort..

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'll be waiting for your next episode too. No more Gerber baby food gravy though Leo.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Misery..

Where is your eye for Excellent Cuisine?..

A bit of garnish missed and you miss the whole Show!..

LOL!!..

It sounds like Leo may be doing something next, you would enjoy..

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Right here Outlaw.........I'd like to see Leo top this!!!

Or this............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit