Cooking With Leolaia

by Leolaia 62 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

You really ARE awesome, dear Leolaia (peace to you!). THANK you for the step-by-step. I needed a good fish recipe and... voila! There you ARE! Great timing!

Peace to you!

SA, on her own...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Great recipe..can I leave out the tomato or substitute something else.

Snoozy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Wait... Rachel Ray... in "sexy" outfits???? Ohhhhh, my eyes!! My eyes!!

SA, on her own and begging everyone's pardon for the deviation...

• I quit!
    I quit!

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee464/KodakJack1/Cookinc/IMAG0157.jp

This is my first effort at trying to post pictures of my attempt to follow Leolaia Mahi Mahi recipe. Let's see what happens.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Why are my images so big?

The meal turned out very good but I did have a few set backs. In Leolaia's pictures there was a carton of vegetable broth. I use the same broth, I always have several containers on hand so there shouldn't have been a problem. It is always there whenever I needed it. I practically trip over the stuff. The problem was I couldn't find any around the house. I have no idea how or when we used it. I went to three different stores that very morning were I could have easily bought some but didn't because I knew I had lots of it around the house....the only thing was I didn't so I had to run to the store to get some. Another issue was I kept on selecting the wrong pan size and had to keep switching to larger pans. But it really wasn't much of problem because we have lots of pans. Another thing that happened was I had the water ready for the noodles but had turned it off because the food wasn't ready yet. All of a sudden the food was ready but I forgot to get the noodles cooking and the water had cooled off. It was somewhere in all of this I gave up on the idea of a photo journal of the event and had to concentrate on keeping things together. Anyway the food was great and I'll cook it again soon.

Well lets see how this looks........Submit!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Wow Leolaia this looks delicious and it has some of my favourite things in it - caramlised onion, pineapple, coconut milk, macadamias and best of all Vanilla Bean.

I am definitely going to try this out. I was thinking that to make it easier and less to juggle at one time that I could prepare the vege medley up to the stage where you say to refrigerate it and also the pineapple sauce (all the way including pureeing it) earlier in the day so all I have to do with the sauce is reheat it when the fish, veges and noodles are nearly ready.

Thanks for posting it.

Hopscotch

• snowbird
    snowbird

bump

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, I quit, that's awesome that you tried it out! I'm honored! :) Do you have an image of the final dish?? And how did it taste?

Yeah juggling the three things at once can be hard on the first try. Hopscotch's idea of doing all the veggies in advance is a pretty good way to simplify this. And yeah you also can definitely do the whole pineapple sauce thing in advance too.

The rice noodles cook really quickly (faster than regular pasta), so I find that they can be whipped up in a jiffy.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ok Now I have to go shopping

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hopscotch's idea of doing all the veggies in advance is a pretty good way to simplify this. .....Leolaia

Thats how it`s done in a Professional Kitchen..Get your equipment ready to do preperation..

You do all your cutting and measuring of ingredients first(Meat..vegies..spices..ect..Ect..)

Then get all utensils needed to cook the meal.."Everything" is Prepared before hand..

Then you Cook..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit