Is there anything that could actually bring down this farce of a religion?

by stuckinamovement 49 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Religions - christian and others - play on people's basic fears and their need for reassurance/consolation. On these grounds alone, you have a recipe for the survival of a religion, regardless of the idiocy of its message and total failure of its predictions. Stop waiting and start living.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It is so depressing to think that nothing will ever change. To see 7 million emotionally invested, marginally sincere people, trapped by a religion that's only hold on them is its own self assertion of divine approval is sickening. It is the greatest scam in history.

As a born in, all of my Friends and many family are still active. It is such a bummer to leave them behind. They for the most part are good people but in the dark. I naively wish there would be a clearly visible moment or action that topples the whole thing.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

"marginally sincere people"

I think that, on reflection, most JW's are sincere people?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Cook my socks UK

You are right the vast majority are very sincere and good people. I know some that are less than sincere though. I feel that the leaders of the org know without a doubt that this is not the truth and yet still teach it as if it is. I get the sense that many of the bigwigs in Brooklyn are as bewildered as the publishers that the end has not come yet. They are just hoping that something, anything happens that validates their beliefs.

• flipper
    flipper

Nukes ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Russia has baned witnesses. Maybe more countries will follow?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I think without doubt that the org is mistaken and deluded. I have however known Jack Barr and his wife Mildred for many years allthough I have not seen either one of them since about 1992. One side of me winces at the Paris Hilton remark, I actually think that Jack is sincere if somehow living in an unquestioning bubble. I still think he deserves some human kindness. My mother is just as immersed in self-delusion but at both their ages after so many years how can they face up to the waste of their lives.

When the tiny increases turn into small decreases, when the little one becomes 980, perhaps the cracks will appear. Look at the way the apparrent bastion of communism fell in 1989. Suddenly the faithful were looking bemused as the population surged through check point charlie and East and West held hands. Maybe thats what the future holds. Not a bang but a wimper and the last one out turning the lights off with a sigh.

SF

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

RICO: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act

Under RICO, a person who is a member of an enterprise that has committed any two of 35 crimes—27 federal crimes and 8 state crimes—within a 10-year period can be charged with racketeering. Those found guilty of racketeering can be fined up to $25,000 and sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity." RICO also permits a private individual harmed by the actions of such an enterprise to file a civil suit; if successful, the individual can collect treble damages.

Murder, extortion, bribery, theft, embezzlement, fraud, obstruction of justice, slavery, money laundering and related offenses, aiding aliens, acts of terrorism.

Just the money laundering is enough to nail them. And by "them" I don't mean the Gibbering Buddies, but who or whatever is really running the show.

~Sue

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Is there anything that could actually bring down this farce of a religion?

Yes education. in the expansive world of knowledge that has accumulated over the years,

religion in itself is losing its grasp on the human consciousness and social awareness.

With the huge amount of real-estate owned now by the WTS. through donations

and their literature sales, they don't have alot of expenses to drag them out of the scene quickly.

Many KHs are seeing a decline in attendance just about everywhere, but as its known they don't require

much financially to keep them going and if the attendance does decline they just sell the property

and push the remaining members over to another Hall.

Sadly there has been too much money and power developed over the years for certain men to be not

attracted to the organization and to sit its controlling helm.

• metatron
    metatron

Well, there are certain trends that they are unlikely to overcome, although these will not bring the organization down precipitously. They are losing cash flow, elders, control over young people and yes, they are losing legal struggles that are chipping away at their power.

But they can downsize endlessly without zombie Witlesses ever admitting that decline has set in.

I continue to assert that you could see some really surprizing changes in the organization if the Governing Body just gives up because they conclude that the publishers are a useless lump. This is not inconceiveable as you see donations and other rot set in.

Put yourself in their position: You wake up one day and think that it's all fake and useless. What then? It might happen.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit