Who was a squeaky clean dub?

by Marilyn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I can count on one hand the bad things I did. I can recall a thousand things I shunned because good little JW boys didn't do those things (like school sports, or birthdays, or playing Axis and Allies, or even hanging out with worldly kids).

Let's see. When I got married, I watched a couple of R-rated movies, and ordered a pay-per-view boxing event (the one where the dude parachuted into the ring and then got the CRAP beat out of him). When my wife and I were engaged, we fooled around some. When I was 13-14 I used to sneak out at night and hang out at a video arcade until four in the morning. That's about it.

I tried very hard to be a good JW. I threw out much of my music collection to make my dad happy (innocent stuff like Jeff Beck and Steely Dan). I never got near smokes or pot. Gad dang it, I never even kissed a girl until I was 18! Can you believe that shit?!?!?

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Marilyn,

Like you I took the rules very seriously. Felt guilty even over minor infractions like saying "darn" or going to a PG-rated movie. On the outside, I looked so sweet, inside I was torn apart by conflict.

HH

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Whoops, I forgot the drinking! But that was within the marriage arrangment, so even that was ok, right?

Cygnus, my boy friend and I used to fool around, but then after we converted we (eventually) stopped. What an unhealthy decision!

Marilyn

• rem
    rem

Cygnus,

Your childhood sounds almost exactly like mine!

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • JanH
    JanH

I was pretty much one, yes. True believer, did little wrong, didn't even start drinking alcohol till 21 for xsakes...

Ah, what a wasted time!

- Jan
    --

• Carmel
    Carmel

Count me in with the "straight arrow" group. Left at 15 and still kept my nose clean with an occassional slip! According to the JWs my "dissobedience" to my parents qualified me for being stoned to death along with the whores and murders.. so I guess I wasn't as good as I thought I was...

carmel the "candy man"

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I was a bad bad boy. Cuz I did not lead a dubble life...

• flower
    flower

i was..you havent much choice when your father is a big shot elder.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OOPs Im in the wrong room. heee
    I was so bad that everyone assumed I wasn't a virgin when I was around 14 or 15yrs old
    I was so so bad I let them think it. The other girls would ask me advice about sex and stuff...ha ha ha ha ha
    I was a virgin till I married at 19 yrs old. Of course he was a really worldie guy

plm

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I was - not by choice.

My parents were so strict (dad - elder) that bi-weekly room searches were done starting at age 8. I wasn't allowed any 'worldly' association, and most of the JW kids were off limits too. (They weren't good enough association) No phone usage, no privacy, and no life.

Didn't stop the rumors about me though. Had a handful of Judicial Committee Meetings called for little ole me (starting at age 12) over things that I had done at worldly & witness parties (that I wasn't allowed to attend & didn't) I was even threatened with DFing by another congregation because of the things they heard I did at a party (I seriously need to meet my doppelganger - she had the best time!!)

Moved out at 19, lost my virginity (*sigh* to the man I married - non-JW) OOOOOOPs!! he just looked over my shoulder & wanted to know why I was sighing about losing my virginity to him (shhhhh!)

Anyway, once I got the hell out of Dodge, I made up for lost time :o)

So, I guess I was squeaky by default - not by choice.

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit