Do You Think It's Improper To Make Fun Of The Name "Jehovah"?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Jehovah is an imaginary being.

Say anything you want and the only consequence you'll suffer will be at the hands of those who deeply and profoundly desire their pretend God to be real.

And history shows it is the believers in imaginary things who are the most dangerous of all creatures on Earth.

What could be more pathetic than an "only" God who is jealous of "other" gods and has to give himself a name to distinguish his "reality" from the phony competition?

It boggles the mind, really.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Coco..

Ya..I understand..I have Family who feel the same way..

I`m still Irreverent..I can`t help myself..LOL!!..

"Coco-Cool"..

http://www.papermag.com/blogs/0803_1015.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, OUTLAW! Your irreverence is fine by me!

You captured my essence!

CoCo

• caliber
    caliber

Why not channel our anger, frustration and pain into constructive words that appeal to everyone ???

I have heard it said on JWN that religious people are only running on emotion not facts..then show this with facts not raw emotion!

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

YES! We should not make fun of anyones beliefs about "GOD" if that is what they feel is their true faith.

One only needs to refect back to the time that they too felt a certain way about "GOD" and their beliefs.

Because one has changed their belief system and may have anger concerning the watchtower society, still, we need to remain focus on why we have made such a change and not use character assasination on anyones name for "GOD".

Blueblades

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Disagreeing with them is one thing, ridicule is another. If you show no respect other people's beliefs, you have no reasonable expectation for them to respect yours. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I profoundly agree with CoCo as well. I feel deeply uncomfortable about it. It's one thing to disagree with another person's beliefs but it's crossing a line when you make an outright mockery of them. Making fun of the JW's god is basically a declaration of war on them and I will not waste my time and energies on that. I spent enough time and energy on the JW's already...

V665

• Ding
    Ding

My concern is that there are a lot of active JWs who take a look at this website because they have doubts about the WTBTS and they are looking for answers.

With all the WT hype about the "evil apostates" it doesn't take much to scare them away.

If they see posts mocking the name Jehovah, I fear it will confirm their worst fears and drive them away needlessly.

It takes a lot of courage for them to visit a site like this and I would hate to see anyone driven away from info and support they desperately need.

• simon17
    simon17

My concern is that there are a lot of active JWs who take a look at this website because they have doubts about the WTBTS and they are looking for answers.

With all the WT hype about the "evil apostates" it doesn't take much to scare them away.

If they see posts mocking the name Jehovah, I fear it will confirm their worst fears and drive them away needlessly.

It takes a lot of courage for them to visit a site like this and I would hate to see anyone driven away from info and support they desperately need.

This is the winner in my opinion. Many people here are disrepectful of JWs and their beliefs and/or angry at JWs and their beliefs. Its understandable but it definitely can be a turn off.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Since "Jehovah" is essentially a SLANG term invented by a catholic monk, I find it eminently mock-worthy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit