Can you accept hard to swallow reality?

by AK - Jeff 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• sabastious
    sabastious

I don't know, this is a tricky topic for me.

On one hand, I think that JWs are mentall comprimised, on the other I have seen many break the bonds BECAUSE their conscience was bothering them, does that mean the other JWs don't have good consciences or have they just turned off their conscience?

It makes my head hurt when I REALLY think about this.

-Sab

• compound complex
    compound complex

IF YOUR CHURCH FAILS TO ACT, WILL YOU?

"If, after making an honest investigation, you are less than pleased with what you see, do more than just complain. A journalist, while commenting on Karl Barth's statement that a church is its members, logically concluded: 'Church members...are responsible for what the church says and does.' So ask yourself: Am I willing to share responsibility for everything my church says and does? Can I really be proud of having all its members as spiritual brothers?"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/125673/1/Church-members-are-responsible-AWAKE-9-8-87-pp-10-11

You may find this applicable, in a way, Jeff. Of course, AWAKE! is NOT addressing JWs. But it does apply, nevertheless.

September (9), not August (8), as I originally posted.

CC

• JeffT
    JeffT

Here is another anology, that may be a bit better.

I am a recovering alcoholic. One of the things that we learn is, that while alcoholism may explain some behavior, it does not excuse it. I am still responsible for what I did, and I am making amends for those wrongs. This is a fundamental step in any alcoholic/addicts recovery. Maybe we need to start a 12-step program for xjw's.

Step 1: "Recognized that I was a Jehovah's Witness and my life was unmanagable."

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Oooh... Lets not get on to 12-step programs. >_<

I don't think that JWs are evil... It's the "new personality" that is evil. I consider the self and brainwashed self to be two (relatively) distinct entities... though I'm not sure how accurate that is, and it's liable to change in the future.

• cloudy2010
    cloudy2010

Yup, it is possible to change?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit