'We only do what the BIBLE says' --- Separating the Bible from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of NYC

by Joliette 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm in the dawn of my research, and the #1 thing that I am trying to do, is separate the bible from the watchtower and bible and track society.

Me and my dad got into a dicussion, and he said that the Witnesses are only doing what the bible says. He said to read the bible (especially the new testament) and it would all come clear to me, why Jehovah's Witnesses are the truth. I said 'then what about all of the misleading, and predictions that never came true?' He said that those people that were mislead by dates and predictions were following man (Judge Rutherford, Fred Franz, etc) (, and not the bible, and if they mislead, then it was there own fault (the rank and file witnesses).( I couldnt help but think of all the people who lost so many things because of the WTBTS) He said that number 1 thing that we need to do, is listen and read the bible, and it would all come clear to us (I was thinking, yeah, its all come clear to me LOL). I was, okay, then if its all about the bible, then why are there other publications (such as the watchtower, awake, bible aides, etc? Basically me trying to 'hint' to him that its a business) He said, the purpose of these are to help people understand the bible better (since people are busy, and dont have time to do 'heavy' bible research), and to relate to them on a current level, and to have them look up certain things in there own bible, and to come to there own understanding. I said, once again, if its ALL ABOUT THE BIBLE then why do we have Watchtowers and Awakes? He repeated the same thing. He also said that the WTBTS is a non-profit organization, and that he believes, without a shadow of a doubt, that this is the truth, and thats its not all about money (ha ha, yeah right).

I'm trying to help my parents understand that if something is the truth, if these men were inspired by God, then why would they mislead people, and then say the people who were mislead and bitter and evetually left, were apostate? And why are most so called apostates former Jehovah's Witnesses? MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN WITNESSES, NOT TO SOUND MEAN, DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!! THEY CARE MORE ABOUT THERE LIFE AND WHATS GOING ON WITH THEM. The main thing, is that, for the first time in my life, I'm trying to seperate the bible from the Jehovah's Witnesses and WTBTS. Did any of you do this in your research? Did you research both inside and outside the religion?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You are trying to separate them, but he cannot. They are one and the same in his mind. There's the problem.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    CLAIM #1: he said that the Witnesses are only doing what the bible says.
    CLAIM #2: He said that those people that were mislead by dates and predictions were following man, and not the bible, and if they mislead, then it was there own fault.

CLAIM #2 contradicts #1 because "those people that were misled by dates and predictions" were 1) Witnesses and 2) members of the supposed "F&DS class" responsible for the publication of "spiritual food". Even if there is "new light", they were still "misled" by these wrong ideas, were they not?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Me and my dad got into a dicussion, and he said
    that the Witnesses are only doing what the bible says.....Joliette

Jehovah`s Witness`s are only doing "What the WBT$ says,the Bible says"..

1975bwq8.jpg picture by GeneralWaco

2epqd90Millionsnowlivingwillneverdie.jpg picture by GeneralWaco ........................ ...OUTLAW

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    He said that number 1 thing that we need to do, is listen and read the bible, and it would all come clear to us

Then if thats true why would you need to belong to an organization?

Also if thats true in regards to being number one thing to do, what number would he assign to faith in Christ?

• Joliette
    Joliette

My daddy was raised a baptist, and he thinks all chruches are false (isnt that a bit unfair to come to EVERY conclusion about every chruch? Especially when you went to ONE chruch). I tried to explain to him, that people think things about the Jehovah's Witnesses that arent true (like most people think Jehovah's Witnesses arent christians, that they reject the Christ), but the witnesses dont want people coming to that conclusions about them. So, its okay for the witnesses to come to conclusion about other reglions? (ex: The watchtower article 'Have you examined your religion?). I cant stand how hypocritcal that is. The rank and file is just a spawn of the WTBTS.

• undercover
    undercover
    he believes, without a shadow of a doubt, that this is the truth...

As long as he's that staunch a JW, you're not going to make a dent, no matter how factual or damning any evidence you provide to him. As long as a JW wants to believe, they'll believe, despite the evidence otherwise.

Better to bide your time, drop off hand comments or hints from time to time and hope for the time when he may express a doubt. Then you can have a true dialogue.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Joliette..

Your dad thinks,whatever the WBT$ tells him to think..

Look at my last post..

Those are real articles no Jehovah`s Witness would admit to,today..

Some written by News Papers some written by the WBT$..

One look and you can see everything the WBT$ said the Bible says,is Bullshit..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Are Jehovah's Witnesses the only ones preaching the gospel? Are they the only ones being persecuted? Go to persecution.org and you will see how many Christians all over the world are suffering for their faith and their preaching of Christ. You dad says that the WTS is the only one doing this because....HE WAS TOLD BY THEM THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES DOING THIS!

I've thought about starting a thread about this, but I'll just say it here:

People, like your dad, have their consciences quelched because "the WTS is fulfilling Christs command to preach." However, it was not to a corporate entity that Jesus commanded to preach. WE ALL were to do it INDIVIDUALLY. So it doesn't matter what an entire organization does or encourages others to do. This is meaningless. We will naturally preach to others when we feel it in my heart. I personally have had people share what they love about the gospel and about Christ with me in various places. I love this more than if a person was to come to my door, counting hours, and give me a memorized presentation. IMO I think this means NOTHING to God. It's only when you share the gospel from your own HEART that it matters to Him.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's a start.

John 6:53-54 (New International Version)

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit