When you realized that it was all a lie.. how did you cope?

by stuckinamovement 62 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

John 3:3 (corrected...thanks Ding!) - In answer Jesus said to him: "Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

1John 5:1 - Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God, and everyone who loves the one that caused to be born loves him who has been born from that one.

1John 2:29 - If you know that he is righteous, you gain the knowledge that everyone who practices righteousness has been BORN from him.

• Ding
    Ding

That was John 3:3 BD, not Matthew.

How many verses do you want, SIAM, and on what particular topics?

I'll be glad to supply whatever you're looking for but don't want to overwhelm you with a ton of stuff all at once.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Stuck, you and i have talked and we are both in the same spot. My biggest concern is not the org but my wife. like yours she is shutting down when I bring small things up... I know her well enough that I suspect Elderelite is going to fly solo eventually... so be it. I can still hang out with my dear old grandad..

and my very best friend Jack

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Life is a journey not a destination.

Your off to see the wizard.

When you find him dont look behind the curtain.

• sir82
    sir82
    Can you share any scriptures that especially jumped out at you as being in conflict with current WTS teachings?

The "Kingdom Interlinear" would be a good one to use. You'll get bonus points for wanting the study to be "deeper".

You don't need to know Koine Greek - just look at the literal translations and the Greek words. You can see how the WTS in consistent or just downright fraudulent in translating certain words and phrases.

All sorts of things will jump out at you.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Jag, I know what you say is true with my mind but us born in's have been "destination" oriented our whole lives... that shit just don't go away cause we wake up.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hey, you reminded me sir82. If you have a bible (NWT) that was printed previous to 2004 you can look at Col 1:16,17 and see how they correctly identified their ADDED words that ARE NOT IN SCRIPTURE by using the brackets. You can see that these words were not originally there if you look in the kingdom interlinear. If you look in a bible (NWT) printed by them AFTER 2004 you will see that the brackets have been removed, implying that these words ARE part of the original text!

What they have done in this 1 instance is to violate many scriptures, most notably these:

Deut 4:2 - "You shall not add to the word which I command you , nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."

Prov 30:5,6 - "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar."

Rev 22:18,19 - "If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the glagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

One of the scriptures I have used is 1 Tim. 2:5,6 about Jesus being mediator for all men. Most witnesses assume that Scripture is applied accurately. They are shocked and suspicious when show otherwise. That is an example of a teaching or application directly contradictory to what the bible teaches.

Examples like that would help.

Sir82- We actually are using the interlinear. When we were going through Matt. 1 and Jesus' genealogy, where it talks about 14 generations in between Abraham and David and Jesus, I used the interlinear to show the generation in Matt. 24:34 is the same exact Greek word.

Elderelite-when life gives you lemons, find some vodka and have a party.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I think alot of people in this world are captives to cults or cult like thinking. i think we are lucky to be able to wake up and now be able to see who is bullshitting us. i have become very good at identifying logical fallacies and so when i see people outside of the JW's try to use them, I can pick them off. While its true our "belief rugs" have been pulled out from under us, we are in the lucky position to start over and know all the tricks that cults use.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I got pissed off and shared my feelings with the elders and forced them to DF me for apostasy. Looking back, if I had had a cooler head I would have prefferred to have DA'd with a pithy letter. What ever, I never looked back with any regrets or doubt. It is a screwed up cult and most people are in it, not out of conviction, but because they are trapped by circumstances, like family and mates and you name it. Poor souls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit