Who Is This Person?

by snowbird 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Syl, being from New York, I find it hard to wrap my mind around the idea of not having electricity until 1971. . . I find that to be amazing.

Google Black Belt Alabama, baby, and you will find more amazing stuff.

Syl

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thought it was Sherriff Dillon.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matt Dillon?

From Gunsmoke?

Nah.

Syl

• White Dove
    White Dove

I got a recipe! Dump and whole pig (don't forget the oink but do remove the bones), some flour, some cornmeal, salt and a little pepper into a grinder and guess what you get...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Whole hog sausage?

Scrapple?

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Well, if Snowbird wants to do the honors, she could start a recipe thread right now. I would have to wait 5 hours to do so. It was going to be about sharing recipes from your region. And we have people from all over the world on this here board.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Well, if Snowbird wants to do the honors, she could start a recipe thread right now. I would have to wait 5 hours to do so. It was going to be about sharing recipes from your region. And we have people from all over the world on this here board.
    BTS

You know how to win me over, don't you?

*off to start regional recipe thread*

Syl

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

wow those old tv shows.

topper, my little margie, rin tin tin, bachelor father

• Quentin
    Quentin

Quentin, your list of old shows brings back pleasant memories...(ShirleyW)

I consider that time to be the Golden Age of TV.

topper, my little margie, rin tin tin, bachelor father...(Nancy Drew)

My Little Margie...sigh, that was another one as well...Bob Cummings Show...Have Gun, Will Travel, Richard Boone hated doing that show...Rocky and Bullwinkle...Man from U.N.C.L.E....all the varity shows, so much humor, drama...Twilight Zone....Alford Hitchcock...drama shows...Armstrong Circle Theater...

Ah well, page after page could be filled with TV shows from our childhood....after The Rifleman Conners did another show called "Branded"....one show we never missed an episode, "The Fugitive"...for jw's my parents were liberal, we watched almost everything, unless it was a meeting night of course...

• StAnn
    StAnn

We had electric but we never got to watch any TV because we were always at a meeting! LOL!

I hate My Little Margie. But I loved the Ann Sothern Show and Mr. Ed.

My parents used to watch a show called The Bold Ones. My mother would always sit down in her chair with a bottle of beer and watch it and then fall asleep in her chair (not an alcoholic). I'd sneak down the stairs and steal her beer and drink it. I was quite young at the time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit