Have your prayers EVER been answered?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

So I guess the bottom line is that you can either have a god answer your prayers or you can be lucky but the results appear to be the same.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

but you have to be lucky for god answering your prayers...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Terry,

That would be the Royal vic in Montreal. BTW Your package is on the way. ;o)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LTW,

Or God is against all religions and for all people. ;o)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

So it is my guess you live in Montreal Vander? It's a great place to live I was their last fall as a tourist this time and just visited old Montreal and me and my three girlfriends had a great time. I am planning to return to Montreal later in the year if I get a settlement from my accident perhaps we may have an oppourtunity to meet.

To the person who said why do millions or billions die from cancer, I can't answer that question but we can't blame God for what happens to us, he didn't inflict this disease upon us, many people I love have died of this disease and i am sure they prayed to God and asked why me or why my family member or best friend. All i can say that much of the woes of humankind has been the result of what we have done to our planet and atmoshere the chemicals we use and breathe in. Sure it is terrible and it is not fair for anyone to die this way, but asking God to take it away sometimes isn't possible and I can't honestly give you a reason but that doesn't change how we should feel about praying to God. Luck has nothing to do with it either. we live in a world that is drenched in poisons and virus' in which the medical experts are now saying can cause some cancers. I don't think it is fair to blame God for what aliments we suffer as humans. it is what resulted from the sin of Adam and his wife and then that is another subject all together different so its not going to prove anything by going off on another tangent. If you have lost someone whom who deeply love to a dreaded disease i am so terribley sorry for your loss and I can truly understand the same pain. All we can do is give all the love we have in our hearts to the persons we love when they are dying and ask God to help us to endure the pain of the one suffering and not only for the person and for ourselves too.

ofc. I truly do care.

• talesin
    talesin

I'll quote a scripture I've heard, not from the NWT, I think it's the King James Version,,,

"suffer the little children to come unto me"

For all the children, including myself, who pray and pray for G*d to rescue them from the torure and abuse they are suffering, I answer a resounding "NO"!

tal

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Terry.

Amen to your comments on suffering.

Right, born and raised in Montreal. But most of my family (Dad, Mom, sister and her family) are now in Kingston, Ontario having "escaped" the linguistic and political unrest here in Quebec.

Yes, and if you do make it to Montreal getting together over coffee sounds like a plan. :)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Vaner, consider it a date, now I really have a reason to come to Montreal. Oh heck I love Montreal especially at Christmas time. In old Montreal there is a store you'd have to pry me out of the store literally all it sells are gorgeous Christmas things. My dear girlfriends practically had to pull me out of that store. LOL I love the joie de vivre. The House of Jazz, and the Red Roof Anglican Church. Montreal here I come when I get my settlement...

orangefatcat

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LOL, and may it be a generous one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit