Have your prayers EVER been answered?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Have you ever prayed for something and actually gotten what you asked for? Specific examples would be nice to hear about.

Nic'

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

No. I used to pray. It seemed kind of weird to do so. Sometimes I felt better for it, but it never accomplished anything.

• TheTruthAboutTheTruth
    TheTruthAboutTheTruth

I prayed for God to help me know the truth when i was having doubts about the watchtower,then i found this site and others and learned alot.I am skeptical as to wheter it had anything to do with my prays,id like to believe it did.It is more likely to have been a coincidence.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

I think when you have faith that your prayer is being heard, you are going to look for ways that it could be answered so you feel like there is someone listening to you. It could be a coincidence that your request is answered but if you never did pray, wouldn't that still happen????? Prayer is a way to feel better about yourself if you need to and once that coincidence happens you are going to think that a god is really there listening. I don't need prayer to feel better about myself, I just need to stay positive in life and look for good things to happen.

• Violia
    Violia

Several times I have had prayers answered very quickly. I think God expects us to take care of ourself as much as we can and the only times I have had a prayer answered was when I was unable to do that.

Prayer is a form of cartharsis and that itself is helpful.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

God is prejudiced against amputees.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Once as a kid on a Friday night I prayed for really heavy rain on the Saturday morning so that we wouldn't go out on th min, and it rained

I tried it the week after but God didn't answer

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes every time..it gets kinda scary...

Loz x

• sabastious
    sabastious

I prayed for the sun to come up, and the next day was a thunder shower.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Remember all those stories about Witnesses praying to Jehovah because of financial issues and they always recieve a check in the mail, and it's always for the exact amount they needed to pay the outstanding bill(s).

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit