Letter from an anointed reader who DA'd after 33 years

by Dogpatch 42 Replies latest jw friends

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

Apostasy “in Later Periods of Time”
    7 The apostasy that was “already at work” while some of Christ’s apostles were still alive became prolific “in later periods of time,” that is, after their death. The five telltale signs became increasingly apparent from the second century on and reached a climax in the fourth century. This mass apostasy was due to occur before the “presence of our Lord Jesus Christ” and “the day of Jehovah.”—2 Thess. 2:1-12.
    8 But other scriptures make it clear that even during “the last days” of the present system of things, cases of apostasy would occur within the true Christian congregation. The apostle Peter wrote:
    “In the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: ‘Where is this promised presence of his?’ . . . You, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on your guard that you may not be led away with them by the error of the law-defying people and fall from your own steadfastness.”—2 Pet. 3:3, 4, 17.
    9 Peter was not merely warning his brothers against “ridiculers” and “law-defying people” in the world. Christians have always been well aware of danger from that quarter. Peter was also speaking of the danger of being “led away” by some within the Christian congregation who would become “ridiculers,” making light of the fulfillment of prophecies concerning Christ’s “presence” and adopting a law-defying attitude toward “the faithful and discreet slave,” the Governing Body of the Christian congregation and the appointed elders.

• ziddina
    ziddina

..."I, for one, wish to give heed the following counsel as found in the August 1, 1980 WatchTower..."

The 1980 Watchtower????

What, haven't you been to a meeting since then???

Better read all that old literature BEFORE you're baptised... And why is it going to take you FOUR YEARS to get baptised???

Zid

• metatron
    metatron

Thank you for posting these comments. This is a wonderfully spiritual person.

The Frauds and Thieves who run the Watchtower don't know or don't care that they are losing the best and the brightest.

metatron

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Wonderful, thank you.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It still shocks me when i see 'annointed' one dropping out!

It also encourages me, that those that i once looked at as linked to jehovah can see the rot.

oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

@witnessofjebus

you are hardly in a postion to counsel a member of your annointed. You are not even baptized for one.

another self righteous prat

had enough of them when i was in.

oz

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Randy - Thank you for this - I too was an anointed sister for 15 years before I left. I would very much like to communicate with this lady if that would be possible at all ?

Loz x

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank`s for passing that on randy,a very encouraging read from an enlightened mature age person

smiddy

• garyneal
    garyneal

Brilliant, loved that list.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Excellent and courageous! Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit