Letter from an anointed reader who DA'd after 33 years

by Dogpatch 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wooooowwwwweeeeee!!!!

I LOVE this salty, older lady!!! Who says older people can't leave the Borg???

Zid

• St George of England
    St George of England
    they made no effort at rebuttal of my facts.

That is very interesting, they made no attempt prove 607 BCE as the correct date. Just accept it because we say so!

George

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I love the 'waiting on myself' part.

lisa

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Thanks for sharing, just shows you're never too old to see through the lies of the Watchtower and be prepared to do something about it.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Zid's on a roll!

happy weekend!

Randy

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wish the stupid ones left in would wake up

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Marking

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

Yes, I've met a few of those who were once JWs at the meetings of the Bible students, found online at http://www.biblestandard.com and other places. Yes, they were fed up with the WTS rigidity and so they left for freedom of conscience, which the Bible students afford all who involve themselves with them. The Bible students are very much opposed to 'organization' of any kind, and even C. T. Russell taught against 'organization' in the old WT's, so the Bible students deny the thought that Russell established the present-day WTS, but that he only meant it to be a publishing arm, not an organization as it has become. I, for one, wish to give heed the following counsel as found in the August 1, 1980 WatchTower, under the article, "Remain 'Solid in the Faith'", where we read the following as quotes therefrom:

Remain “Solid in the Faith”
    “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith.”—1 Tim. 4:1.
    ARE you profoundly shocked and unduly disturbed when you see or hear of a Christian you know yielding to doubts, cooling off and perhaps even becoming rebellious to the point of deserting the Christian congregation and trying to draw others away with him? If so, you may be comforted in knowing that, sad as such occurrences may be, the Scriptures forewarn us that they will happen.
    2 The word “apostasy” comes from a Greek term that means “a standing away from,” “a falling away, defection,” “rebellion, abandonment.” The first one to fall away from the true worship of Jehovah was Satan the Devil. He was therefore the first apostate. (John 8:44) He caused the first human couple to become apostates. (Genesis, chapter 3) Very early in the history of Israel there was a “falling away” or ‘turning aside’ from true worship. We read:
    “Even to their judges they did not listen, but they had immoral intercourse with other gods and went bowing down to them. They quickly turned aside from the way in which their forefathers had walked by obeying the commandments of Jehovah.”—Judg. 2:17.
    3 Later, many of the kings of both Israel and Judah became apostates and led the nations they were ruling over into a course of apostasy. God first punished the northern kingdom of Israel, saying: “Against an apostate nation [Israel] I shall send him [Assyria].” (Isa. 10:6) And just before the destruction of Jerusalem, capital of Judah, by the Babylonians, Jehovah stated: “From the prophets of Jerusalem apostasy has gone forth to all the land.” (Jer. 23:15) Apostasy or falling away from the true faith certainly brought no blessings to Israel and Judah.
    “Solid in the Faith” to the Very End
    21 There can be no doubt that Satan would like to see all of us ‘fall away from the faith.’ So Peter counsels us:
    “Take your stand against him, solid in the faith, knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of your brothers in the world. But, after you have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish your training, he will make you firm, he will make you strong.”—1 Pet. 5:8-10.
    Yes, those of spiritual Israel, who have been called to reign with Christ in “everlasting glory,” must remain faithful in “the hour of test,” if they wish ‘no one to take their crown.’—2 Tim. 2:10; Rev. 3:10, 11.
    22 Their companions, members of the “great crowd,” also realize that they must remain “solid in the faith” if they wish to “come out of the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:9, 10, 14) Both those Christians who have the heavenly hope, and their companions whose hope is to live forever in the restored paradise on earth, are determined to continue faithfully preaching “this good news of the kingdom.” (Matt. 24:14) The fine expansion in many parts of the world, down to this year 1980, is proof to them that Jehovah’s blessing is on his organization, and that there is still work to be done. They therefore heed Paul’s counsel: “Let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due season we shall reap if we do not tire out.”—Gal. 6:8, 9.
    23 As we see the things foretold for “the last days” taking place before our very eyes, we have strong confidence that “the great tribulation” and the dawning of God’s righteous new order are right at the doors. The marvelous blessings that lie just ahead for us, either in heaven or in the earthly paradise, give us “strong encouragement” to remain “solid in the faith” to the very end, in order to “lay hold on the hope set before us.”—Heb. 6:17-19.
    “But you, beloved ones, by building up yourselves on your most holy faith, and praying with holy spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love, while you are waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ with everlasting life in view.”—Jude 20, 21.

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

‘Snatching the Doubters out of the Fire’
    19 Since we have been warned that “some will fall away from the faith,” we should be ready “to put up a hard fight for the faith that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.” (1 Tim. 4:1; Jude 3) But a distinction needs to be made between trouble-making apostates, as mentioned in 2 Peter, chapter 2, and Christians who become weak in faith and have doubts through lack of accurate knowledge. Jude makes this distinction. After warning against “murmurers, complainers,” who “are admiring personalities,” and against “ridiculers,” who “are the ones that make separations,” he says: “Keep yourselves in God’s love, while you are waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ with everlasting life in view. Also, continue showing mercy to some that have doubts; save them by snatching them out of the fire.”—Jude 16-23.
    20 Yes, such doubters need to be shown that they are in danger of being consumed by destructive doubts. Their Christian brothers, and particularly the elders, should endeavor to help them, snatching them, if at all possible, out of the “fire” that could destroy them spiritually. As to those who refuse such patient, loving help and who really “fall away from the faith,” we should not be unduly disturbed. With the apostle John, we will say: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.”—1 John 2:19.

I plan on getting baptized as a Jehovah's Witness in 2015, and I encourage those of you who are having doubts, to stick around. Now, to the one who claims to be of the anointed class, may I warn you personally, that should you fall away, you will take yourself 'outside of the doorposts' of Jehovah's protection, and there be subject to the 'angel of death' as given in the type found in Exodus, when God sent the death angel to kill all the 'firstborn of Egypt', if you'll recall, the Israelites were told to put the blood on the doorposts and to keep the firstborn inside the house that night, and as the Little Flock, or Anointed one, or faithful and discreet slave class are antitypically the 'firstborn from the dead', they are alone in danger of 'second death' should they prove unfaithful to Jehovah. Again, I urge you to reconsider and to talk with your congregational elders in regards to this.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Organization that you are speaking up for

claim to be Jehovah's Witnesses. you might want

to change the name of your avatar to "DRUNK UNCLE"

because you don't know if your comin' or goin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit