To new Christians on JWN

by brotherdan 284 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I've been posting here 11 months now, and still fading. And I haven't even yet decided where I stand on my beliefs. But, as time goes on, more and more, I still believe in a higher power. And I feel the account of Jesus life and ministry to be inspiring. So, thank you for posting this brotherdan.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You, my friend, are impossible to argue with.

Aw shucks, you are only saying that because I make you prove what you say and you are struggling.

If you don't have peace, you are not content.

Says who? The bible? Show me a scripture. The first reference you made to peace was with regard to a nation. Your first example was using a possible synonym. A maybe, not a definite. Contentment in no way means that everything in your life is at peace. The bible certainly doesn't suggest or say that and you asserting it doesn'tmake it true. So... fail.

And, ps, the ones that have dread in Psalm 14:5 are the ones that do not put their trust in the one true God. This is in opposition to His own people who live in peace.

... and it still never uses the word content. Fail.

And yes, peace IS contentment.

I agree that peace CAN be a component of contentment, but you can have one without the other and one certainly does not equal the other. So... fail. Unless, of course, you can show me a scripture that says otherwise.

You cannot have peace and NOT be content. You cannot be content and NOT have peace.

Sure you can. People are with no problems or issues in their life (peace) are depressed (uncontent) all the time. Some people thrive off of contention (a lack of peace). Show me a scripure that says otherwise.

If you don't even KNOW what true contentment IS, then how can you argue so strongly about it.

I don't know. How can you? You have yet to define the word or show me a scripture that does and yes you are sure you know what it is and claim everyone else does. Strange behavior for a humble Christian that says how little he knows.

It's obvious you don't have contentment if you can't even define it.

Oh, you think that *I* can't define it. Sure I can. You never ASKED me to though. It appears you just presumed I couldn't. You just declared who didn't have it and then threw out a ton of scriptures that never mentioned it. So...fail.

This back and forth with you, NVL, is getting annoying.

Then quit making assertions you can't back up and blaming others when you get called out on it. Practice that humility Jesus preached.

It's not an intelligent dialogue.

It's certainly not. Try using things like facts and you'll do much better.

Your arguments that you sling back are laughable.

I know. I AM laughing at how easy the questions I am asking are and how much you are struggling with them.

So go ahead and quote that sentence and argue about it. I'm done with it.

Is that option number one? Change the subject? If not there needs to be an option 4, "Run away! Run away!". We can call it the Holy Grail option.

Honestly I do feel really bad for you. After all your certainty and assertions and scripture...it came down to "I'm running away". I mean, you couldn't produce ONE scripture that backed you up. Not one. I do feel sorry for how hollow you must be feeling right now.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Dude, how can you say I'm running away? This thread is 13 effing pages. I TIRED OF IT. You are the one twisting words.

How bout this: I go back into my original post and I change the word "Conentment" to "Peace". Would that work for you?

I know you are trying really hard to sound smart like Terry, but it aint workin. I'm sure you are just upset that you will never be the man your mother is.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

well, that was a little offside...I know NVL can be a bit of a pain but seriously Brotherdan?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

We respect each other. It's a good natured joke. It was meant to make him laugh.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Dude, how can you say I'm running away? This thread is 13 effing pages

Because you quit without providing a single scripture that says what you say the bible says. Because you said that when backed into a corner that real christians show love, and yet you "tire out" and quit even though this was YOUR thread. How else am I supposed to interpret your quitting before you provide me supporting scripture?

How bout this: I go back into my original post and I change the word "Conentment" to "Peace". Would that work for you?

No. Why would it? How about I go back and change the speed on that speeding ticket I got to 10 MPH instead of 75?

I know you are trying really hard to sound smart like Terry, but it aint workin.

Awww, now stop it. I ain't trying to sound smart, I'm just asking questions and giving YOU the opportunity to sound smart about the assertions YOU made. I never claimed to be smart or right. It's not my fault that simple questions are giving you fits.

I'm sure you are just upset that you will never be the man your mother is.

True. I did make you mom the woman she is, though. She even paid extra.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

We respect each other. It's a good natured joke.

Right on. He's just giving me shit and I am giving it back in good form :)

I don't think (at least I hope) that neither of us gets upset over the good natured jabs about our moms and such.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

At least when I was born my birth certificate wasn't an apology letter from the condom factory. AND ON THAT NOTE!!!! :-)

You know I'm just messin with you, right NVL?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

oh you guys....

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

At least when I was born my birth certificate wasn't an apology letter from the condom factory. AND ON THAT NOTE!!!! :-)

Touche, my friend :)

You know I'm just messin with you, right NVL?

Of course I know. I know because I also happen to know you don't want your ass kicked :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit