Your Opinions Please!!!!

by Ranchette 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

The following is a post I made to Prisca on another thread. I am courious about how many agree with what I say here or am I wrong?

Re: Rick and his thugs Jan 20, 2002 13:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Prisca,
    You wrote,
    I know that there are answers to these questions, and I will not stop until I find the answers. And I know that some of the posters who have posted on this thread know those answers

Please reconsider.
    I am so sick of this whole thing and it just keeps getting dug up over and over again!

I would avoid this subject if I could for instance if you created a thread just for the purpose of the photo mystery but I can’t avoid it because every time I turn around you hijack someone else’s thread on another subject and make it all about you!

I'm beginning to believe you are desperate for attention even if it is negative.

Please let this go.
    The reality is that this never would have happened if you didn't send out the first photos. The ultimate responsibility and blame is on you if you really have to put the accusation and blame somewhere.

Just view it as a lesson learned accept responsibility and move on.
    Please.

Ranchette

Ranchette

• Simon
    Simon

I disagree .. anyone posting private information without the persons permission is acting improperly IMHO.

This and reposting private email or letter correspondence without permission is wrong for me.

My 2.2c (adjusted for inflation)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

This is what I think:

Simon is correct that it's wrong to post private information without the person's approal. Unethical, ugly, wrong.

Ranchette, you are right in saying that Prisca needs to start her own thread on the subject of her pic. I also feel that it has been beaten to death and every time I turn around, the subject is back on Prisca and her pic.

Prisca, I am sorry this happened to you. Your pic was posted against your will. Bummer! I've never sent my pic to anyone on this board. If I do, I will keep your experience in mind. Be careful next time okay.

• Xena
    Xena

When you send something to a person via their private email you assume they will keep it private...unless they ask you if they can share it and you give them permission.

I would be extremely hurt and angry if someone posted a private communication I had with them in a public area, especially if they were aware of the fact that I had "issues" with my photo being displayed.

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

Hi Ranchette, since you asked............

The reality is that this never would have happened if you didn't send out the first photos. The ultimate responsibility and blame is on you if you really have to put the accusation and blame somewhere.
    You honestly believe this to be true??

Well, let me share an experience I had a year ago. I was in a serious car accident. I was driving along, obeying all laws, when someone decided to make a left turn in front of me. This resulted in a head-on collision. If I were to apply your above statement, to my situation, then the accident was MY fault merely due to the fact that I was on the road driving a car.

So, your statement declares that Prisca, who acted within reason, in my opinion, should have been able to predict the future action of others, i.e. someone that she felt she could trust sending out her pic to someone that dislikes her.

Do you also apply this in your own life situations?

Andee

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Some good points have been made in this thread. I have to agree with Simon's and others' opinions regarding the issue of privacy. The only excuse I can see for posting private info that you know the other person wants to keep private is if they do it to you first. That said, I think threats and what happened to Prisca are cowardly and bullyish.

It's unfortunate when trust is violated, especially by someone you think of as a friend, but once the information has been given out, there really is nothing you can do. The only recourse is to email Simon privately and ask for his help in such a case.

Sometimes, life's most valuable lessons are the ones that hurt the most.

Dana

*Prisca, I edited this and have emailed you the rest of my comments.

• Xena
    Xena

Well I certainly have learned something from this and in the future will be a LOT more careful about who I send pics and private info to!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience safe! And sorry you are Prisca were put in positions like that!

• teejay
    teejay

Ranchette,

I should be able to send someone any piece of personal information that I want with the expectation and confidence that they will adhere to the commonly accepted standards of cyberspace etiquette. That's especially true if the receiver is fully aware of the complications that might very well befall me if I'm an exJW or "active" JW who secretly disagrees with the organization and my identity becomes known. This is not even considering the very real possibility of security concerns endangered when who-knows-what stranger may see said personal information and start to get all kinds of crazy ideas.

To blame Prisca or even begin to see her as the least by "guilty" for having had her privacy violated by kent is one of the most ridiculous and indefensible positions ever taken anywhere by anybody in the history of the known world. Putting it bluntly, blaming the victim is stupid.

There will come a time—twenty or thirty years from now—when SOME people will be forced to admit who is really justified at being upset and who really was at fault in the matter of Prisca's personal information/identity being put on display here on JW.com for more than two hours.

For more on this exact same discussion, refer to: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14604&site=3&page=2

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ranchette,

I suspect your motive in bringing this up is the commendable desire to bring peace to what is now a now long-term problem on this Board.

My own perception is that the perpetrators of this situation should reveal themselves to the Board and as the hurt was public in nature, so should be the apology, and then the matter should be dropped. I personally view this kind of thing as a crime.

Two persons know my personal details on this forum. AlanF and Duncan - I trust them both. Duncan and I go back 30 years, and Alan is as honest and responsible a man as I have met. My advise is for a person never to reveal personal and traceable details of themselves to persons who have not earned that trust. To do so is to invite trouble.

Best regards to you all -- HS

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Ranchette,

I am not in possession of all the details in this case but I beleive it must be well over a month since both of these "crimes" took place.

I personally do not condone the acts of "outing" people in such a manner. Although I don't see how a little part of a telephone number can possibly be of much help. That said, something must have happened to provoke such actions in the first place. Of course no one is interested in talking about that. As I have said to Prisca, this matter is best served with taking it up with the perpetrator. Her incessant whining about it on this board doesn't solve anything.

What does she want people on the board to do about it? Most of us have repeatedly stated that we think it is wrong. So what's the point of harping on it Prisca, and please don't tell us that you haven't, your postings are here for all to see.

What do you want to accomplish Prisca?

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit