Possible reason JWs on this board Totally ignore what is presented here

by chrisjoel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

(Reposting this comment)

ITS BECAUSE: They come on this board and see all kinds of xjws NOT all "speaking in agreement" and compare us with the organization and congregation, where they all "speak in agreement" and are all "unified", and all "fitly tied together in the same mind". So, how can we have the TRUTH IF WE are part of a free for all? ....so...it really doesnt matter what is presented to them we are a evil slave that are running amok! Its all irrelevant to them and they are proving a point by being here that we are disorganized and therefore of satan the devils table.

Listen man, there is No organization here because for the most part were not a publishing company, were individuals! We learned what we believed wasnt accurate. NOW, after coming to that realization, we are all on different paths. SUre some of us are born agains, athiests, agnostics(me), and still, some of us KEEP some of the previous beliefs for whatever reason. WE DONT NEED to all be on the same page IN THIS FORUM! We dont need to agree with everyone like we are still sitting at the hall.

But one thing we do know is that we didnt find the TRUTH in the organization of JWs. This has sent us "back to ourselves" We are individuals here. We havent developed some mission statement or company charter that says we do battle with the JWs. Our families are still in the org and this ties us to them. Whether we like it or not its what we live with. Some have developed a militaristic approach sure...theyre pissed off at the WTS!

Anyways , at the end of the day, you have to pull your head out of the sand and realize THIS isnt supposed to be compared to the JW "organization" , its keeping you from a balanced non biased view. .....btw were not the ones that printed all that stuff ok!

We all may not be on the same page relgiously or spiritually but we all have the one thing in common. That we feel that we have been duped. Taken for a ride. We examined the evidence and left the organization. Why would we feel like we need to force ouselves to think all the same again?

JWs are guided to think the same way by virtue of the fact that they must conform to whatever is published EVEN if its right today and wrong tommorrow.

Of course I understand that JWs pride themselves on the fact that they all think the same. Whereever they go in the world, they can have a place to stay. Just go to the local congregation and hope someone invites you over to their house....Thats all fine and dandy.

IT DOESNT EXCUSE all the Flip Flops. All the abandoned teachings. All the predictions that never came to pass.

All it says is that 'we all think the same way, therefore , if i go to canada i can find another company soldier". So What! Come on . Really, SO FREAKING WHAT! That doesnt prove anything. Whats in print, on the other hand, and what has NOT passed according to GODS so called Prophet is what condems the Watchtower Society.

DONT BLAME US. BLAME THEM.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"They come on this board and see all kinds of xjws NOT all "speaking in agreement" and compare us with the organization and congregation, where they all "speak in agreement" and are all "unified", and all "fitly tied together in the same mind". ..."

What this person describes as a 'mark' of being 'unified', is in fact a significant hallmark of a CULT. Everyone is PRESSURED to behave alike, conform, THINK ALIKE, obey without questioning...

I remember reading in one of the many books I've read on the Jehovah's Witness religion, an author stated that one reason Hitler hated the Jehovah's Witnesses so much was due to the fact that THEY were using 'indoctrination' methods that were uncomfortably similar to HIS methods...!

Individuality is STRONGLY discouraged by the Watchtower Society, because people who are aware of their individuality CANNOT be controlled or coerced to behave LIKE A HERD!!!

[Sheeesh... WHY do they think Christians are referred to as "SHEEP" in the bible?? As a Wiccan High Priestess friend of mine likes to point out, a sheepherder DOES NOT care for the sheep for the SHEEP'S benefit - he does so for what HE can get from the sheep!!!]

Zid

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the reason JWs ignore everything here is because they are JWs. They are told to ignore anything that doesnt come from the WT. No argument is worth listening if it doesnt come from the WT.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Quite simply we are not a Cult - we are not part of a high control group.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think we call it 'Freedom of Speech' here...

Loz x

• Scully
    Scully

The concept of Unity™ within the Organization™ is a sham. Individual JWs have always had their own opinions and speculations on what the WTS's interpretation of scripture and prophecy really means. Their public face - the one they have to present in the Door-to-Door™ work, the one that they are trained for in the Theocratic Ministry School™ - is a pretense of Unity™.

If they were truly United™, none of them would behave one way at the Kingdom Hall and however they wanted to act at the mall, or their workplace, or school.

You get the same kind of "unity" in any corporation. There's a party line that you must follow. There are things you can say and cannot say. In my job, I'm not allowed to speak to the media - I have to defer to the media relations department, who all have prepared statements and politically savvy bull$h!t to feed the press. That's not unity. It's conformity. Big difference.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooo! Scully, you hit the nail on the head!!

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Hopefully after reading posts on this board, the lightswitch turns on.. I also think alot of it has to do with fear. .they may reason

"Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him "

So if Jeh can kill a dude simply for trying to help steady the ark, imagine what he is going to do to all those evil apostates.....Its hard to expunge all the biblical references from their own demise at armageddon which is due any day now. better to ignore all the proofs...

..yes, conform or be cast out.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nevermind... I re-read ChrisJoel's comment, and realized I'd taken the tone and intent wrong...

• cult classic
    cult classic

When we started snapping out of our JW upbringing we had to confront our "wrongness". It was very very hard.

JWs are so invested in being right that they ignore all evidence to the contrary. Until you are willing to accept that you may be wrong, you will not be willing to look at the religion with fresh eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit