finding the lord...versus finding yourself

by Aussie Oz 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Some of us found God and Christ (or, in my case, were found BY God and Christ)... before we ever left, dear Aussie (peace to you!). Indeed, it was the very reason they showed us the door: we told them about it.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am glad you survived the beginning of your journey of self discovery, AO. It's great that you have even made it a good way down your path with some positive happenings.

I have found that I am more "spiritual" than ever now that I don't have "the lord" and know that there is not an omnipotent, omnibenevolent force offering guidance to mankind. I think that you are finding the same thing out- the "spiritual" part, not necessarily the part about no super-dude in the sky.

Life is precious and it shouldn't be wasted on trying to force JW beliefs on strangers. "Precious" doesn't mean it has to be constantly busy. It's okay to relax and enjoy life. Life is about love and sharing and peace, as you have discovered for real.

I was told by the JW's that I wanted the answers to life's big questions- Why are we here? What happens when we die? That was a load of crap. I was just looking for the answer to the question, "Who am I?" Now, after a big gap in time, I get to fully explore that question.

Thanks for posting this.

• agonus
    agonus

I think some people find themselves BECAUSE they found the Lord.

Or vice versa.

Your mileage may vary.

• 10west
    10west

It may be like the difference between the common military population, and the true special forces. They may exist within the same branch of the military, but the mindset is another world.

In society, few are special forces, though everyone romanticizes.

Don't say "I was a ranger", true special forces, never leave.

IMO

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

life's big questions- Why are we here? What happens when we die? That was a load of crap. I was just looking for the answer to the question, "Who am I?" Now, after a big gap in time, I get to fully explore that question.

true for me too... those big questions don't actually need answering. They are lead in questions to plant thirst for what is offered.

too many people go through life ignoring that one BIG question: WHO AM I?

cheers

oz

• agonus
    agonus

Why are we here? Because we were born.

What happens when we die? Dunno. Ask a dead guy.

Who am I? The walrus.

(answer to third question may not apply to you)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

ku ku kachoo

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't phrase things the same way Prodigal Son does, but he's right around the mark.

Finding the Lord and finding ourselves are very close to the same thing. The rest is a semantic argument.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am Shiva the bringer of destruction!

• Scully
    Scully

I agree that it's imperative to do a lot of soul searching and defining your own values and embracing them in order to be truly content. The degree to which one must explore is quite individual, but it shouldn't preclude further growth. I think social awareness stimulates this kind of growth and development. There's no right or wrong way to go about the journey.

Good on ya, Aussie Oz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit