finding the lord...versus finding yourself

by Aussie Oz 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I have noted many who are ex JW but now are 'born again' or have found the 'lord' telling how wonderful life is now...

I mean no disrespect to those who claim this, and are happy, I can understand i guess, leaving the WT but still wanting to serve 'god' but i just can't come at it. We all know the story... life sucked, left the Watchtower, found jesus, lifes great again...

What about my life? Some of you already know i am not christian and in fact are more anti god/religion than ever.

I was depressed, couldn't live up to the rules, faded out fast, left wife, lost kids, lost every single friend of 30 years, lost every material thing save the clothes on my back, lonely hermit for two years, adultery, disfellowshipped, crazy girl friend, one night stands... you might say life went down the toilet and i needed saving from myself.

wrong!

this was a journey of SELF DISCOVERY, who i was, what i believed, what i wanted to become.

I found my way, rebuilt relationship with kids, married the love of my life, gained her family, gained possesions and real friends. Started my own business, work part time and generally are the happiest i have ever been.

I FOUND MYSELF and ACCEPTED MYSELF.

The life you you lead is a result of the decisions you make...

• designs
    designs

But Oz finding happiness- that doesn't follow the script, you were suppose to enter the old church with the neon sign flickering on and off on a cold and rainy night and give yourself to some western concept of the Almighty........... What happened man!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Congrats Oz, you are God. Lucifer (Venus) said it, and Jesus the bright morning star (Venus) said it. See what happens when you love yourself? It's the first and only commandment, and since we are all one, loving yourself means loving everybody else.

PS

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

hey buddy can I join you?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hey Designs...i kept going into the old buildings with neon flashing lights flickering in the cold wet wintery nights

and found the naked ladies dancing inside very hospitable and the whisky warm as their laps...

oz

• designs
    designs

Oh.....those churches with the poles on the stage, no wonder you were smiling

• lisavegas420
  • NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Worked for you. Might not work for others. Once you decide what's best for you and have the will/support to pursue it, and succeed (relatively speaking, of course) in that pursuit, then that's what works for you.

Someone else may need Jesus, marijuana, sex, rock and roll, sport, Buddha, evolution, food, wine, just about anything that works for them. Or perhaps nothing at all, just to be left alone in their void.

Thing is, we pursue individual paths. And contentment is personal.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I found my way, rebuilt relationship with kids, married the love of my life, gained her family, gained possesions and real friends. Started my own business, work part time and generally are the happiest i have ever been.
    I FOUND MYSELF and ACCEPTED MYSELF.
    The life you you lead is a result of the decisions you make...

Well done :)

Be proud of what you have done and feel happy that you have found what makes you content and loving.

I will add just this, if I may and I don't want you to think I am short changing the wondeful changes you have accomplished in your life:

Finding ourselves is the first step in "finding" God, if you choose to take that step, if not, that is cool too, God is already with you whethere you believe it or not, or don't think you need him.

Many people use finding God as an excuse to stop looking to find themselves and that is not a good thing, God doesn't want that, that is why God doesn't force himself on anyone.

Some find themselves as they find God.

It really isn't a "VS" thing or a "either/or" thing, one can have both if one chooses to.

• Tan Hai-chi
    Tan Hai-chi

BIG AMEN! The discovery never ends cause consciousness is always expanding. We EVOLVE! Although I believe we are creations and part of the whole. Some people go through life and seem to make all the right decisions like they know what they are doing but they haven't got a clue. The experiences we go through solidify who we are and what we will be. The God of ALL creation, The First One or whatever you want to call him, intended everything to happen as it is happening. Since he is all powerful and the creator, NOTHING happenings without him knowing it. Since creation has free will and we live in duality the challenge is to learn and experience what we need to in order to evolve consciously and move on to higher levels of life. How else can you explain the massive difference in culture, religion etc.. If God intended for all to live in peace then it would happen and perhaps it will when WE are ready.

Religion (all religion and scripture) is a small box in which one can find comfort but eventually the box becomes a prison of misery and pain with broken promises and knifes in the back, limiting your self evolving soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit