Introducing myself

by Jeremy430 54 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

(((hugs Tito)))

Jeremy,

Some publications are extremely hard to procure in hardcopy like the Golden Ages (must reads!- see chason's site), Consolation or Kingdom News....

Perhaps give some of these sites below consideration. If something from Russell's reign is missing google the still existing Bible Students as many of their sites also have downloads. A few books are also available on Google Books and a few at the Guggenheim website. One of the sites below has a scan of the 1918 FM but attaches the cut-out pages from the 1917 at the end of the file.

http://www.archive.org/details/WatchTowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvaniaWatchTowerpubs_0

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm#magazines

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/downloads/

JWN's Chasson has a very nice collection online as well....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/128918/1/Consolation-on-Demand

(Here is Chasson's full directory http://www.wtarchive.org/deposit/ )

• Jeremy430
    Jeremy430

@ Yknot...I'll check those links out....but I would like to find someone who owns a copy of the Golden Ages and so on in the future, because I want to do a documentary on the subject if at all possible. I don't need to own a copy...I just want to see an original one for myself. The best way to prove our ideas is to try to disprove them...a formula I'm starting to live by is "believe nothing until you test it"

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome Jeremy and Cook,

Glad you both are here and are thinkers.

I'm a recently faded elder as well, but I am not from the UK. There are no doubt hundreds of former elders from the UK who frequent this forum

peace to you

The Oracle

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I really love seeing new folks coming here.

Is it just me or are UK JWs leaving in DROVES?

Yeah, we see a lot of Americans and others here, too, but aren't UK JWs something less than 2% of all Dubs? There are WAY more than 2% UK folks here, it seems, especially among those arriving just this year. I think that's awesome. I would love to see similar exodus in the USA and worldwide.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I remember going to assemblies and we were warned about "Apostate" flyers and stuff. That never sat well with me, I mean if truth is truth...then people should be able to spot a lie from the truth. considering that they tell you how to argue every point with every other religion which should be more than enough training to build up your critical thinking skills...yet Apostate flyers are a threat to truth? How can it be if they have the truth?

Hello friend ,

here is what an "apostate" is seeing regarding the 1914 and kigdom in Heaven

• I quit!
    I quit!

Welcome Jeremy and Cook. I'm sure this place will help you clear your heads of all the Watchtower nonsense.

Jeremy, it can be very difficult to find the originals from where the photo copies and quotes were taken. Some good questions to ask yourself are:

Why aren't the originals available in Kingdom Hall libraries?

If Christ came back in 1914 and selected the Watchtower because of what they were teaching then why aren't these sacred teaches on display for all to see?

Why are these publications so hard to find?

Why has the Watchtower gone to such great efforts to bury its past?

Why is anyone who shows interest in these publications viewed with suspicion?

Why couldn't you openly express an interest in them?

• moshe
    moshe

welcome Jeremy430, good introduction.

Really sad thing is, as I sit here preparing a talk for next week, it's actually making me feel il, my gut feels wrenched and my heart heavy. Obviously I am being two faced in doing this(which I hate, it's not me). I have thought about letting go of all privileges, staying on the fringes and hopefull keeping my friends. Without them I will have none! After all, I have been doing this for 30 or so years.

Cook mysocks UK, I wish JWs could just be honest about their true feelings- the WT religion might get fixed, if everyone did that.

• Gayle
    Gayle

there is that part in the back of my mind that fears they have the truth.

The WTS created a lot of "brain farts" stuck in our heads. That is why it is very important to read all we can about facts and the actual truth about the WTS to clear out those 'farts.'

'Must reads' are listed above here by "Cantleave."

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome, Jeremy and Cook. Stick around, do some of the suggested reading; we'd love to hear more of your respective stories when you're ready

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome Jeremy and CookmysocksUK this forum is a good place to be. I'm an anointed exsister from the UK. Wales & Manchester background. Enjoy the board there's some lovely ppl on here.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit