Introducing myself

by Jeremy430 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I give all talks, I'm an Elder in the cong for last 18 mths(which makes it all more of a mess). Jamie, I got an error message when I tried to open the mai, I will try again. Guys, I am off here now as my family are about to turn up. Thankyou for your messages, I will log back later.

Cook

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Talk is a SM part. I give all talks, I'm an Elder in the cong for last 18 mths(which makes it all more of a mess). Jamie, I got an error message when I tried to open the mai, I will try again. Guys, I am off here now as my family are about to turn up. Thankyou for your messages, I will log back later.

Cook

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Sorry for the same post twice, didn't know we went to 2nd page :)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cook my socks off - I am a recently faded ex elder from the UK. If you want to talk to someone real and tangible I would be delighted to PM you my phone number and try to help you in anyway possible.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You sometimes have to wait a bit for the PM's to show or you just get code!

• yknot
    yknot

Error message is normal........ click 'back' and re- click message 2nd time to retrieve!

• Jeremy430
    Jeremy430

I'm wanting to get my hands on old Watchtower books and magazines. I hear all the valid arguments about how 1914 came from pyramidology...yet I still find myself wanting to see the books first hand. Not just quotes or pictures of them.

I remember going to assemblies and we were warned about "Apostate" flyers and stuff. That never sat well with me, I mean if truth is truth...then people should be able to spot a lie from the truth. considering that they tell you how to argue every point with every other religion which should be more than enough training to build up your critical thinking skills...yet Apostate flyers are a threat to truth? How can it be if they have the truth?

I'm very aware of how the watchtower religiously focuses on "the light gets brighter and brighter"; a very interesting thing to note is that the name Lucifer literally means "bringer of light".

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome :-)

• yknot
    yknot

Will you accept PDF scans of the entire books/magazines?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is quite a bit available on the net. Google is your friend.

If you are stuck for a particular item, post a query here. Some of us have substantial digital libraries.

There is quite a bit at www.archive.org

• Titus
    Titus

Hello COOK! Welcome here!

I am Titus. Friends call me COMRADE TITO.

I am from ex-Yugoslavia, and some posters don't like me here.

I don't care!

Tonky (yknoT) is very good and sensible sister, and cantleave is good and honest brother.

Welcome!

COMRADE TITO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit