Has anyone notice all the KFC's are closing down?.... WHY??

by Darth plaugeis 48 Replies latest social current

• StAnn
    StAnn

Their food sucks. Not just the chicken. There was a KFC with a buffet nearby that closed. I went there once and even their green beans were nasty and greasy. They deserve to go out of business given the piss poor quality of their food.

KFC under Pepsicola is nothing like the KFC of my childhood.

Hey, I've got a picture of myself standing outside of the original KFC in Corbin, KY. If I can find it, I'll post it.

• only me
    only me

The ones in our area are getting remodeled and combined with Taco Bell.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Bad food...a lot of these "fast food" restaurants are going out of business because their food sucks...Used to love Pizza Hut, KFC, Wendy's....what they serve now would gag a maggot....

What about "Church's"...when I lived in Dallas that was some GOOD chicken....

• sherah
    sherah

KFC's are aplenty in my area. I haven't touched their chicken in years but their sides suck. Overcooked, greasy veggies and wedges, yuck.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't remember the last time I went to a KFC. I also prefer Popeye's. I haven't noticed any closing around here. There's one about 3 miles from my house. But they're nothing like they were when I was a little girl. They need to do a major overhaul and get back to basics.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I want to eat a chicken leg or breast and have grease running down my arms all the way to my elbows I go to KFC. Otherwise I cook at home.

W

• Scully
    Scully

I haven't noticed any local KFCs closing, but we eat there so rarely that we probably wouldn't miss it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I stopped making the occasional KFC stop when they discontinued the chicken livers. I can do chicken at home so good, quick and cheap I can't imagine buying out unless I was on the road.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam a strong KFC customer.Mine in my area is still open. Of course, their price is high but I like their chicken. No problem. Hi blondie , thank for the link. It was informative. I didnot know that a parent company that owns Pizza Hut also owns KFC.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Having eaten their food, I can't imagine how this could possibly be seen as a problem. ;) Though, to answer your question, no, I can't say this is happening in my area (to my knowledge). While I can't imagine that market demand actually necessitates this, we have two in my town that don't seem to be getting closed. If they were to close, my mother would have to give up on her wild craving binges where she finishes off a bucket herself between lunch and dinner...

The ones in our area are getting remodeled and combined with Taco Bell.

That's actually what's happening to our local Pizza Huts. There's also a combination store of all three in a town not too far away from me.

http://www.bnet.com/blog/retail-stores/kfc-finally-tackles-its-big-problem-too-many-stores/879

I can only hope that Walgreens and CVS get that message...we're exploding with them, and they're always right across from each other on opposing corners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit