3 Things You Should Know About Islam

by onemore 121 Replies latest jw friends

• freydo
  • Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

If you are implying that I have said here that I agree with all of Ms. Brooks' observations or that this is the only book I have read on the subject, you are mistaken

Palmtree...you frequently alude to your "knowledge" of Islam; however, you seem to quote only anti-Islam authors. Have you ever read something by...say...Mr. Esposito, whose books are used in many universities?

Have you ever taken a neutral community college class on Islam? Seeking to understand only one half of an equation is not seeking understanding. :)

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

What is your opinion of Ayaan Hirsi Ali?

She says that Islam (esp. politically and socially) is incompatible with a "secular, liberal values".

I saw her on Zakaria's GPS last week, at least I think it was last week. I found it curious that she stated again that Islam is "incompatible" with modern values. The woman appearing with her, a Muslim, told her that was pretty offensive to the millions and millions of Muslims who are managing to blend the Quran with modernity.

Ali didn't really have an answer to that.

I feel for what she has been through, but I think she is still so emotionally hurt from it that she is compelled to proverbially throw out the baby with the bathwater.

• freydo
    freydo

52 The False Prophet

THE 42 MONTHS

"Isn't it wonderful to know that by permitting the temple's total destruction, God protected His Holy of Holies from the desecration of having a memorial to a false god, and the false prophet, built over it? Of more importance, if the Moslems had not built on the wrong rock, it would be impossible for this next quote to be fulfilled. Now look carefully at the language and see how perfectly it fits the situation on the temple mount today: Rev 11:2- But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Leave out the court ... it has been given to the Gentiles!

The Dome of the Rock is in the court, and it is a Gentile structure. So we now have the location. Then we read that the city of Jerusalem itself would be under Gentile control for 42 months. Farfetched as it may sound, could those 42 months be months of days that should be looked at as years? It was day=years in the Old Testament, and there is no Scripture anywhere that does away with that interpretation, so lets at least try for a historic fit using day=years. When do they begin and when do they end? We need a historic setting.

On the 6th day of June, 1967, at the end of the Six-Day War, General Moshe Dayan and a tough, battle-hardened contingent of Israeli commandos stood before a wall of ancient stones. Their shoulders were shaking, and tears were streaming down their faces. They were at the Wailing Wall in East Jerusalem, that Holy Place from which they had been exiled so many centuries before. They were crying thanks unto God for restoring their ancient city to them. There they solemnly swore: ?Never again shall we be driven from this place.? For the first time in 2573 years the Jews were again in control of their Holy City. Could that touching moment be the historic end of, and they [the Gentiles] will tread
    under foot the Holy City for 42 months??

The Wrong Rock 53

A Solar year is 365.24 days. Dividing those days by the12 months in a year gives us a monthly duration of 30.44 days. 42 months x 30.44 gives us roughly 1278.5 days:1 1967AD - 1278.5 = 688.5AD ... the Dome of the Rock!
    Bulls eye! In the 1290 days of Dan 12, the Lord took us from 583BC, and the abolition of sacrifices in Daniel?s time, to 688AD and the Abomination that makes Desolate, the Dome of the Rock. Then in the 42 months, the Lord shows us the accuracy of that interpretation. He takes us from the restoration of Jerusalem in 1967, right back to 688, and the Dome of the Rock.

54 The False Prophet

We come to 688, and that dome from both directions, right to the year. As a result, from the Lord?s view, the central event to take place in Jerusalem during the time of the Gentiles was the building of the Abomination of Desolation on the footstool of His feet. And it is not just the numbers that work. Look at how this fits the very words of Scripture:
    (1) Sacrifices abolished.
    (2) Abomination set up.
    (3) Leave out the court.
    (4) Holy city tread under foot for 42 months.
    This many factors coming together can'?t be just a numerical or verbal fluke, can they? Writing it off as coincidence is statistically unreasonable, and there are other fulfillments using the same yardstick still to come.........

http://www.ellisskolfield.com/pdf/TFPChapters1-9.pdf

• Farkel
    Farkel

:How does that fit into the constitutioal right of free religeon in america?

People have a constitutional right to do many things, but with one small requirement: they are not allowed to use their constitutional rights to deprive others of their constitutional rights.

I would say we have a constitutional right to live if we are minding our own business. 9/11 was the result of people practicing their religion, with the small sticky problem of mass-murder attached to it.

And to you "sensitivity" clowns who say "we should take the time to understand their religion," I say, "I fully understand what a bomb attached to a live torso, chopped-off feet, hands, noses, and clitorises means, and don't need to go to classes to understand it."

Farkel

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Piercingtheveil81.....

Maybe someday I'll share my story of how I came to Islam if I could just get the time.

I would love to hear your story.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Palmtree...you frequently alude to your "knowledge" of Islam; however, you seem to quote only anti-Islam authors. Have you ever read something by...say...Mr. Esposito, whose books are used in many universities?
    Have you ever taken a neutral community college class on Islam? Seeking to understand only one half of an equation is not seeking understanding. :)

I quoted one of the authors I had read.

But I guess you could be right, anyone who sees Islam as anything but the "peaceful" religion is an uneducated ignoramus.

• freydo
    freydo

"Many try to explain away the high level of terrorism perpetrated by various Islamic groups, but all recognize Jihad as part of today?s reality. Enthusiastically employed as a means of propagating Islam during the dark ages, Jihad now embarrasses many moderate Moslems. But despite the views of moderate Islamic governments, if fundamentalism becomes the dominant belief of their people, those governments will either agree to fundamentalist demands or those governments will fall. The ousting of the Shah of Iran is a good example. Faithful Moslems have been drumming Islam?s militant agenda for decades, but the West didn?t think it needed to worry............The Western .Christian. nations controlled the Holy Land twice during this era.

Once during the Crusades, and again after WW1, during the British Mandate. Two Horns continues to exist today as the western nations. The Beast with .two horns like a Lamb. would appear to be Christian, but speaks like the dragon. In other words, it would be aggressive and ungodly in its behavior. When the .Christian. nations conquered the Holy Land, they did not destroy the Dome of the Rock, nor drive the Moslems out of the land, so they were in the presence of the Leopard-Bear-Lion beast. Today, the western nations are in bondage to Arab oil, so it is Two Horns that is bringing the likeness of the first militant Islam back to life by financing this new Jihad that threatens us all.,,,,,,,,,,,But all of that is far away, and Islam could never be a danger here, right? Yeah right! Most thought so until the World Trade Center fell. But by then, Islam was already a major force among the Black youth in America and many prison populations are controlled by Black Muslims. Of the immigrants now entering this country, 14% are Islamic and Moslems are spending over $1,000,000 a week here to subvert our people. Even as we write, Islamic fundamentalists hold secret meetings in such unlikely places as Tampa, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, and Kansas City to plot terrorist acts against our nation..........."

http://www.ellisskolfield.com/pdf/TFPChapters10-17.pdf

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Here is a revealing question:

In countries where Islam is the majority religion, and holds power, what kind of civil rights are to be found?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

More questions to ponder:

Does moderate Islam tolerate the American right to free speech? If I choose to denigrate Islam, is that my right?

Could I do that in countries where Islam has taken over the reigns of power?

Could I do that even here? You certainly can't in the Netherlands, where even though muslims are not in power they exist in significant numbers.

I am not convinced that Islam and free speech are compatible; I agree with Ali.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit