Biggest Harm Caused by Watchtower in AllTimeJeff Eyes.

by Scott77 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

hi isaac

You are changing the topic to expelling/df-ing which Jesus doesn't address in that scripture. it is covered by these.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keepaway from them.

1 Corinthians 5:11
    But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

If you cannot see the point to Jesus not healing much were people not believing/having faith in him and his father Jehovah then I am surprised. We as Christians have a commitment to the flock first and Jesus showed this.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    You enjoy religious freedom now? this is because of witnesses you know. They pushed through most of our religious freedom laws that we have through the courts.

Calling BS on this. The constitution of the United States guaranteed religious freedom long before the witnesses ever were organized. They would have been wiped out from the start in many countries where religious freedom is not a right.

You bring up the resurrection of christ but it is only the witnesses that preach he was fully resurrected. The rest of Christendom say a god bit of Jesus didn't die and went to heaven and only the man bit got resurrected.

Calling BS on this. There is a wide degree of viewpoints on the resurrection and that explanation is bogus - just another "we are right and you are wrong".

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Paulapollos, your post is very well stated. This statement I especially agree with: "promoting a generally fatalistic and untruthful view of society and the state of the world is actually very harmful to JW's."

I think that this is how they keep so many JWs captive. This is part of what makes the org so dangerous to me.

• debator
    debator

Hi Jwoods

Do you care to do some actual research on these two topics? ask leolaia and ask isaac he already admits to a dual Jesus. Look up hypostatic union.

Christendom in teaching that Jesus is almighty Goid have to get past the fact God is immortal and cannot die when Jesus clearly does. They do this by splitting Jesus in half, one bit to die and a god bit that cannot die thus they deny that Jesus is fully resurrected according to them only part of him is. The god bit cannot be resurrected since it cannot die according to them.

Hi serenity

what do you think of Jesus's words here then?

Matthew 24:22
    If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Though there are jw who are loving only on the exterior. There are ones who are truly loving and caring from their heart. I have seen where the teachings of the WTS have helped individuals who were on a crash course. But I have also seen where the WTS has caused serious harm to individuals and families. One cannot say that ALL jw are bad or that ALL the teachings and actions of the WTS are bad.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    We as Christians have a commitment to the flock first and Jesus showed this.

A commitment to JESUS ( and through Jesus, God) FIRST, not to any flock or group or organization.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Uggh Debator...so brainwashed...pay attention to my corrections of you below...:

hi isaac

You are changing the topic to expelling/df-ing which Jesus doesn't address in that scripture. it is covered by these.

My reply: I did.

Debator said:

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keepaway from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

My reply: Shun? Withhold normal courtesies?

Why not continue to verse 15? 3:15 Don't count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Hmm, ok. I certainly don't see a shunning here.

Debator said:

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keepaway from them.

My reply: Does not substantiate the JW enforced shunning....and this is talking of the teaching of Christ- NOT organizational policy.

Debator said:

1 Corinthians 5:11
    But now I am writing you that you mustnotassociate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

My reply: QUite simply, where is the shunning? This Greek term rendered 'not associate' here is the identical term used in 2 Thes 3:14...which also says to not consider the person an enemy, and continue admonishing them as a brother. In the Jewish culture of that time period eating a meal was an intimate affair..something much more casual in this time period an culture. Paul is simply admonishing not to become intimately close with those claiming to be Christian whose lifestyle displays otherwise.

Debator said: If you cannot see the point to Jesus not healing much were people not believing/having faith in him and his father Jehovah then I am surprised. We as Christians have a commitment to the flock first and Jesus showed this.

My reply: I knew the point of that verse but asked you to demonstrate its relevance to my comments.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

debator- I no longer believe in god or the bible.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"the biggest harm JW's perpetuate is the lives that are put on hold for "theocratic" activities. A rich life is denied its members because of their doomsday scenarios"

That would include me. But with time and support from the folks on the forum here, I'm moving from the gloomy realization of those wasted years to valuing the future and potential that is still ahead.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Going back to the original statement from ATJ, there is some good that comes from all this. We all know that 2/3 of "born-in" JW children leave the org as adults. In the USA, it's nearly impossible to attract young people to convert to the WTS, especially if they have internet access. With JWs having fewer and fewer children because they're waiting on the "New System" to have "perfect" children, this could lead to a great deal of attrition in the numbers of R&F JDubs over time. As the current JDubs grow older, they will be less able to pioneer and the pioneer ranks will continue to drop, since there won't be young people to replace them. Thus, fewer people will be sucked in from outside of the Org.

So, while it sucks for the people who are currently JDubs that they have no future for themselves, they could be the sacrificial generation that will end the presence of the WTS in the USA. I'm more than willing to accept that my family of origin are martyrs if it spares all future generations of Americans from losing their lives to the WT cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit