How to Protect Your Faith, and 30 Proofs of God's Existence

by gubberningbody 11 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

How To Protect Your Faith

1. Ensure that your concept of God is so vague that nobody can know precisely what you are talking about.

2. Pay no attention to people who try to reason with you. Know that they are mere shysters out to deceive you.

3. If doubts arise in your mind, then make the God-concept even more vague. If possible, move God beyond the reaches of thought where He'll be safe.

4. If your beliefs seem to contradict one another, simply ignore the fact. Chant to yourself "God is infinitely mysterious" two hundred or so times.

5. Learn to fully submit to God. In this way, you can cease the irritating habit of thinking and soon attain Peace.

6. Never cease to harden your beliefs. Otherwise, reality will begin to seep into your life and you'll be in real trouble. If you are having difficulties, go to church services on a more regular basis.

7. Take time to study the sciences. By doing so, you will be better able to distort and misrepresent them.

8. Do not read the Gospels too closely as you may find some disturbing things. If you do find a threatening passage, ignore it. If some unease remains, go to your local preacher. His life is dedicated to your well-being.

9. Above all, do not think for yourself. If you do, your friends will leave you and you'll be alone. God does not approve of anti-social ways.

10. Listen to your feelings. If they are happy, then God is happy - for God created us to be happy, did he not?

Thirty Proofs For God's Existence

1. We can never really prove or disprove the existence of God. Therefore, God exists.

2. The essence of being human is the freedom to choose. If there was no God, then there could be no choice of beliefs. Therefore, God exists.

3. If there wasn't something keeping everything together, the whole universe would fall apart. Therefore, God exists.

4. God is all-powerful and can therefore do anything He likes. Such a marvellous being would never want to not exist, so therefore God most certainly does exist.

5. Life would be meaningless without God and the thought of this simply makes me unhappy. We cannot live without hope. Therefore, God must exist.

6. If there were no God, religion would have no meaning and society would tear itself apart. Therefore, God has to exist.

7. Life is a miracle. All miracles come from God. Therefore, God exists.

8. Even though I know very little about Nature, I feel certain that it could not have, by itself, produced things like consciousness, sunsets and birds. Therefore, God exists.

9. All of us have a yearning for something deeper, and God wouldn't have given us this yearning if He didn't actually exist. Therefore, logically, God cannot help but exist.

10. The light in a child's eyes has to come from somewhere and it couldn't possibly be that dull, grey mass called the brain. Therefore, the evidence points to the fact that God exists.

11. The determined efforts of a child struggling to stand and make his first steps would be futile if there was no God. Therefore, God exists.

12. The Bible says that God exists and it would never lie. Therefore, God exists.

13. Millions of people believe in God and they can't all be wrong. Therefore, God has to exist, you see.

14. There are many religions in the world and they all agree that God exists. Therefore, God exists.

15. If God didn't exist, then the saints would be wasting their lives. This is simply not fair, so God has to exist.

16. There have been many who have martyred themselves in the service of God. Look at the early Christians in Rome! It is simply inconceivable that they would have sacrificed themselves like this had God not actually existed. Therefore, it is clear that God exists.

17. I am a person and therefore important. Therefore, God really does exist!

18. When I kneel down and pray for God's forgiveness, I feel uplifted, as if touched by a higher power. Therefore, God exists.

19. I have just entered into a heavenly state of consciousness which was timeless and profound. Dreary old matter is not sufficient to explain this marvelously blissful experience. Therefore, I know that God exists.

20. Since becoming a Christian, I have given up my drinking and whoring, and have become a better person who cares for others. I am currently at peace with the world. How can you account for this other than the fact that God exists?

21. When I entered the Christian community, I felt for the first time I truly belonged. Here at last was my true family, a family I have never known. Therefore, you can have my word on it, God most certainly does exist.

22. Look, the Pope says He exists. Therefore, He exists.

23. Even the atheist falls on his knees in a crisis and prays. What better proof that God exists!

24. When I prayed to God, He cured my mother's cancer. Therefore, how can you say that God doesn't exist?

25. Love is heavenly. Love is divine. Love is out of this world. Therefore, God exists.

26. Unfortunately, we are only human. We cannot become perfect, as Jesus urged us to do. Therefore, God exists in order to console us.

27. To believe in God enhances one's life more than not believing in Him. Therefore, God necessarily exists.

28. I don't want to know anything. I just want everything to be a great mystery, like in childhood. I just want to bury my head in God's shoulders and cry. Therefore, God exists.

29. I deserve a reward for the wretched life I lead. God wouldn't walk away from His responsibilities as Creator and not exist, would he? Therefore, God has no other obligation but to exist.

30. Although my head tells me that God is a ludicrous concept, my heart cries out for His existence. Indeed, the fact that I see God as being ludicrous is precisely a test of my faith. The more ludicrous God appears to me, the stronger is my faith in believing in Him. Therefore, after examining the matter from all angles, I can only conclude that God exists.

The two are quotes from Life and Death Magazine.... I found them revealing and amusing.

• steve2
    steve2

To desperately want or need something is a poor indicator of whether it is - or has ever been - available.

The desire to be deceived is stronger than the need to tolerate ambiguity. Fear more so than reason drives people into "god's" arms.

• confliction
    confliction

Ahhh; sweet satire.

• tec
    tec

Number 4 in the proofs was cute.

Even a believer can find these satires funny.

Tammy

• inkling
    inkling
    We can never really prove or disprove the existence of God. Therefore, God exists.

Ha!

• inkling
    inkling
    Number 4 in the proofs was cute.

And actually not that far from the Ontological argument!

-inkling

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

The Denial Of Death, Ernest Becker, look it up, it will distube believers.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Why would faith and truth need "protection", if they were so strong?

Just wondering.

• cantleave
    cantleave

PMSL

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Gopher, I visualize the individual as a collection of a myriad entities who act as one, while remaining mostly unaware of the existence of others, and these others form other entities, with their own peculiar needs and desires, and floating on top of all these are ideas who themselves require a host to maintain their own existence.

An idea, a thought can be as alive as any person, and perhaps the relationship with the others provides some one or more of the others with a preasurable or needed something. In giving this it fosters its own existence, living in the minds of others.

"One of the great tragedies of life is the murder of a beautiful theory by a gang of brutal facts." – Benjamin Franklin

Thoughts, and beliefs want to live to, and they struggle as much to live as any life form. The basic meaning of life is that - to live. The rest is commentary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit