Wives - How do you "manage" your husband?

by hamsterbait 51 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As far as my experience goes, most males once married go back to "little boy" mode.

Wheres the butter? (while looking at it in the fridge)

Where are my clean socks (where they always are)

How much did you spend on your hair this month? ( But you only paid 25 on the card, then handed over another 50 for the expert color job)

How much did that (Mulberry handbag, pair of Jimmy Choos ) cost? "Oh, this ole thing, its been at the bottom of the cupboard for AGES.

Ask HIM about an expense and it is IMMEDIATELY raised to world importance.

This is the big problem with my Moth, and Step D - they both behave the same toward each other.

She says he is being sneaky hiding expenses, he says she is being propfligate with their pensions.

HB

Admit it: Men have to be trained like dogs or little boys. HOW do you train your Man??

• pirata
    pirata
    Where are my clean socks (where they always are)

It's should be in the ______. Let me know if you need me to help you look for it. If you can't see it try moving stuff around and changing your eye level.

How much did you spend on your hair this month? ( But you only paid 25 on the card, then handed over another 50 for the expert color job)
    How much did that (Mulberry handbag, pair of Jimmy Choos ) cost? "Oh, this ole thing, its been at the bottom of the cupboard for AGES.
    Ask HIM about an expense and it is IMMEDIATELY raised to world importance.

Arrange ahead of time a monthly budget amount that you can both spend "no questions asked" (amount should be equal for each). Anything over requires joint approval. You can "save up" the unspent budget amount for future purchases.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Manage? I would call it a cooperative existance after 30 years.

You cannot change a man. Its like stripes on a Zebra, it goes down to the skin. You can shave off the hair but the stripes are in the skin, (in other words in the genes.)

For any newly married wives/husbands learn to live with it...what ever it is.

I'm the neat freak, my car is always spotless, along with my home. As I get older...I tolerate a bit more slop but not much.

I do all the laundry, shopping, housecleaning, cooking, banking, lawn and pool care.....and take out all the garbage. In recent years I have hired people, for the pool and lawn. But I still go out and weed, trim, etc.

I have worked outside the home on and off through the years, but expect my husband to earn the living..... and that he does. So I don't complain.

My husband still treats his vehicles like a garbage can/hamper....the same as when I met him in 1976. Whether it be a brand new vehicle or used, eventually it turns into a rolling garbage can. I don't understand it, I am angry every time I have to ride in his vehicle, but it does no good to bitch and moan.

When all the coffee cups are gone in the house, I tell him to go bring them in from his truck. Most are stuffed with trash, and occasionally old banana peels. I'll never comprehend it!

r.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Admit it: Men have to be trained like dogs or little boys. HOW do you train your Man??

YOU need to train them with sexual favors. You sure as hell aren't going to do it on looks or brains if that's what you think of men.

Just buy a "personal massager" and not even have to deal with it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This reminded me of an exchange I heard between one of our tenents and his wife. She just finished shopping and parked the car in the lot. He yells out of the his third storey bedroom window:

him: Did you buy me some butter?

her: What do you need butter for?

him: To grease my ass!

Strange couple.

W

• StAnn
    StAnn

I don't try to manage my husband. I was single for a decade before I married him and pretty much have my little routine set the way I like it. Sometimes he tries to train me and I just stare at him. He'll say, "You're just going to do what you want anyway, aren't you?" Well, yeah.

The difference is this: everything I do, I consider the impact on the entire family before I make a decision. Everything he does, he just thinks "Me want this" and goes ahead. For instance, lately he's been considering a job offer that would require him to travel and just be home on weekends every two to three weeks. He keeps blathering on about it. It pays more money. So I listen to him ramble and then ask him, "So, what are you going to do with your kids while you're gone?" Both of the children (my stepkids, his biokids) are physical and mentally handicapped. I sure can't take care of them by myself. If he wants to travel, fine, but he'll spend more money than he makes hiring a home health care agency because I can't do it alone.

He keeps bringing this up! Then I remind him that, sure, it sounds great. But who's going to take care of his kids because I'm not even going to try to do it alone.

He just never thinks beyond himself. I think that's a flaw in most men but not all men. I accept that, let him fantasize, and then bring him back down to Earth.

StAnn

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

This....

I was single for a decade before I married him and pretty much have my little routine set the way I like it. Sometimes he tries to train me and I just stare at him. He'll say, "You're just going to do what you want anyway, aren't you?" Well, yeah.

...doesn't match this.

The difference is this: everything I do, I consider the impact on the entire family before I make a decision. Everything he does, he just thinks "Me want this" and goes ahead.

Nice way to characterize YOU as the awesome one and him as the selfish jerk. I think this really illustrates that at least two people in that relationship have poor decision making skills.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Manage? I would call it a cooperative existance after 30 years.

I've heard it all now.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I never knew what I wanted in a man until I met him. He loves the hell out of me, and it shows. He makes me want to make him happy. I love to try.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Beksbks, expound on that. As a single man, I'm curious. what does he do that just knocks your socks off?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit