Did the WT totally "luck out" with World War I starting in 1914?

by lepermessiah 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

JT, you don't know what are you talking about. Research that better. There are documents which can prove that it began in 1912.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

JT, you don't know what are you talking about. Research that better. There are documents which can prove that it began in 1912.

Titus: I believe the onus is on YOU to prove YOUR assertion. :)

Why don't YOU present documentation from a respected historian, since YOU are asserting a date that is not in agreement with the majority of historians.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

What really got me was when I found out that WW1 was not by far the worst war in History.

I think it is usually ranked number 6 in the amount of deaths.

But that doesn't stop COs from giving talks about how WW1 was the "deadliest"

• Titus
    Titus

JT, you are talking about NOMINAL facts.

I am talking about FACTUAL facts.

• Titus
    Titus

JT, I am a historian. I know history of this part of the world better than any "respected historian" in United States. I don't want to debate about that.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

NO, THEY DID NOT "luck out" because what they predicted was the "END OF THE WORLD IN 1914" NOT WORLD WAR 1".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think the JW religion has survived as long as it has in large part because of it. If nothing happened in 1914, the Bible Students most likely would've died along with Russell.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

JT, I am a historian. I know history of this part of the world better than any "respected historian" in United States. I don't want to debate about that.

Then by all means, Titus, regale us with your knowledge. Post the links to some of your scholarly, published works and/or books. I would LOVE to read them. :)

And, please drop the whole "American/United States" thing. Most historians world wide use 1914.

• Titus
    Titus
    *** g70 5/8 p. 8 Why There Was World War ***
    Had you been living in the springtime of 1914, you would hardly have suspected that the world you knew so well would soon be blasted and disfigured. True, the world was still keeping a watchful eye on the “cockpit of Europe”—the Balkans—where local wars had recently ended. But to all intents the world was at peace and would remain at peace in the foreseeable future.

1) Had you been living in the springtime of 1914, you would hardly have suspected that the world you knew so well would soon be blasted and disfigured.

But if you had been living in the Balkans, you would easily have suspected that bloodshedding would soon happend.

2) Local wars on the Balkans had recently ended.

Wars had not ended! Local wars were transformed in the war between Austria and Russia. Read about "Crna Ruka" ("Black Hand" Organization and Apis, its leader), "Ujedinjenje ili smrt" and other organizations, if you want to understand the background and origin of the WWI. Forget Gavrilo Princip and other fools.

• Titus
    Titus

JT, forget it!

Who are you, BTW?

Are you Jehovah's Witness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit