Library Visit # 2: 607 BCE vs. 587 BCE - With Pictures!

by mentallyfree31 113 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    When they discovered the error due to no zero year they moved Jerusalems destruction from 606 to 607 rather than alter 1914.

Thank you for highlighting this. Once I learned this particular detail, the entire "607 Issue" became so simple, for me. The blatant dishonesty involved in changing 606 to 607, simply to allow 1914 to coincide with the beginning of WWI tells the entire story, IMHO. They're a bunch of liars and they don't care about what is actually true. They blindly adhere to the concept that God leads them -- in spite of all available evidence.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Judging by the new Jeremiah book, they don't have any intention of dropping 607 either. Page 28 of the new "God's Word For Us Through Jeremiah" book on page 28, has the question, "Describe the events of 607 B.C.E.." Doing a search through the PDF copy, there are 9 mentions of "607 BCE". The black helicoptor/men in white coats conspiracy side of me wants to believe there's an apostate on the Writing Department who purposely did this to subtlely encourage people to research and ask questions. The cynical born in JW side of me believes this book is just more regurgitation of previous articles with a shiny new cover, and that the 607 vs 586 was never even given a thought when preparing this publication.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good job, Mentally.

Syl

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ has seen your sort of Trickery before!!..

Your confusing the Issue with Facts..

If you would simply accept 607 BCE as the proper date..

There would be no need for debate..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Outlaw - LOL

-MF31-

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Great job on the research! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Have a beer

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

MF31! You are my kind of researcher! I only wish I had done this 33 years ago. Very well done, thank you for this.

Those who do a Watchtower History study will not take a Bible study from the witnesses. I failed to do this.

Those who do not do a Watchtower History study will take a Bible study from the witnesses. I did this 33 years ago.

I fell for the "Carrot" lock stock and barrell, you can live forever on a paradise earth.

Finally with researchers like yourself and others and I myself digging in, we were no longer captive of this illusion.

2002 was our escape.

Blueblades / Mall Cop.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great job, Mentally Free! Bookmarked.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Excellent Job, mentally free. Mind if I copy those pictures to my blog site?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Copy it and use it like its yours garyneal.

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit