Say NO to a mosque at Ground Zero!!

by Scully 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freydo
    freydo

I'd say make them a deal. They can build their mosque if they rebuild the Twin Towers and compensate all the victims and families first as a demonstration of their true intentions. BTW- has Obama said anything about this?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What is the upside of building this particular mosque? Is there anything positive that will result from it?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Tell you what notverylikely: you think living under an Islamic regime is no different than living under a Christian----oh sorry, I mean under the American Constitution, then why don't you pack up your sorry ass and move to say.....Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, or Malaysia, and try opening up a Christian Church and see how long your life lasts.

Poor kid. Try not being a willfully stupid and you won't have to fall back on such stupid arguments.

I invite anyone to build a non-Islamic religious building in Saudi Arabia.

What does that have to do with anything?

Sorry Justita, if the truth about Islam offends you. I've made no secret that I can't stand their religion or their culture. Yes, there are moderate Muslims and I have absolutely no problem with them, but unfortunately, their religion and culture is not run by moderates.

They have a structured leadership that runs the whole thing? Just like Christians? Has the Caliph been re-born to earth or are you just yet again spewing?

Having to put their money where their mouth is, is not something they are apparently willing to do.

I don't seem to recall saying that I preferred to live in a theocracy. So suggesting someone "put their money where their mouth is" makes no sense. I forgive you as you're probably still just a little dizzy from the ass kicking you got in U.S. Civics 101, which I am sure you will somehow manage to blame Muslims for.

Since 9/11 there has been no collective Muslim outrage over terrorism

It's on the shelf right next to the collective Christian outrage over pedo's in church, murders and firebombings at clinics, the willing participation of Christians in the Nazi, Vietnamese and Rwandan actrocities.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

They can build their mosque if they rebuild the Twin Towers and compensate all the victims and families first as a demonstration of their true intentions.

Are you going to compensate African and Native Americans for things you didn't do?

• BurnTheShips
  • notverylikely
    notverylikely

To you assholes who are showing an inkling of pro Islam thought, maybe you should try becoming friends with them and see what happens.

I am friends with many muslims. and christians, jews, atheists.

Was somerthing supposed to happen?

I don't know of any Buddists, Christians, Shintos, Jews, or any other religion that wants to see you dead and would gladly slit your throat because you are not one of them.

You don't read much do you?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Folks are 'taking it to the streets'.

Thousands Rally Against the Mosque in NYC

http://www.lookingattheleft.com/2010/06/stop-the-mosque-at-ground-zero-rally-2/

• Mary
    Mary
    I said: Tell you what notverylikely: you think living under an Islamic regime is no different than living under a Christian----oh sorry, I mean under the American Constitution, then why don't you pack up your sorry ass and move to say.....Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, or Malaysia, and try opening up a Christian Church and see how long your life lasts.
    notverylikely said: Poor kid. Try not being a willfully stupid and you won't have to fall back on such stupid arguments.

Is that truly the best comeback you can come up with NVL? No rebuttal for the fact that living over here offers you far more freedoms and liberties than living under an Islamic regime? Your arguments are about as intelligent as alice.in.Wonderland's.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

strawman argument mary. I think this is what notverylikey is trying to say to you.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

What is the upside of building this particular mosque? Is there anything positive that will result from it?

Good question. The Financial District is the fastest growing residential area in Manhattan. It used to be a ghost town nights and weekends when the office workers cleared out. New residents lack amenities like swimming pools, basketball courts, a performing arts center, libraries, even supermarkets. The Cordoba Initiative sold this idea to Community Board 1 on the basis that it would be operated like the (very successful) 92nd Street Y, a non-profit Jewish institution open to all faiths.

Special Reports produced by Community Board 1

For those who say the mosque is "two whole blocks away," bear in mind that Lower Manhattan does not have the same street grid system as the rest of the city. The proposed mosque/community center will be located about 600 feet from Ground Zero.

Burns: In case you haven't noticed, this is a discussion about building a mosque at Ground Zero. If you want to discuss conditions in Gaza, perhaps you could translate that foreign-language link and start a new topic? Thanks.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit